West Ham United play host to Burnley on Saturday afternoon looking to extend their unbeaten streak in the Premier League to four matches.
While the Hammers currently occupy 10th position, the Clarets have remained in 16th spot after losing two of their last three fixtures.
West Ham United come into this game on the back of a 1-0 win over Carlo Ancelotti’s Everton two weeks ago in their most recent Premier League game.
Burnley, on the other hand, lost 1-0 to Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s Manchester United on Wednesday at Turf Moor. A second-half strike from French midfielder Paul Pogba sealed the win for the Red Devils.
Reason for West Ham United vs Burnley predictions:
- Burnley have lost just one of their last six meetings with West Ham.
- Burnley have lost just three of their last nine Premier League fixtures.
- West Ham have won just two of their last seven top-flight matches.
- West Ham averaged just 1.0 goal per 90 minutes across their last seven league contests.
- West Ham United are winless in their last three home league matches.
- Burnley have one away win in their nine league matches this season.
- Burnley have scored two or more in just one of their last 17 matches.
A big majority of most recent head to head duels between West Ham and Burnley offered a lot of action and goals.
In 16 previous encounters between the two sides, West Ham United hold a slight advantage. The Hammers have won eight games, lost six and drawn two.
The two clubs last faced each other last year in the Premier League, with Burnley beating West Ham United 1-0.
Burnley have managed to win both games against this opponent in the previous season with total goal difference of 4-0.
A first-half goal from England international Jay Rodriguez ensured victory for Burnley.
Both West Ham United and Burnley are not the most comfortable in attack and heading to this game they have not been scoring a lot of goals.
The modest goal scoring exploits will be a major factor in this game as both also seek to rise in the standings. West Ham have no clean sheet in the last four league matches at home while Burnley have scored two or more in just one of the last 17 games.
With a low scoring game expected a 1-1 draw seems like a big possibility here.
Our Prediction: Draw @ 3.55
Source: BetInAsia Black