Arsenal will be looking to return to winning ways in the Premier League when they continue their 2020-21 campaign at home to Newcastle United on Monday night.
Arsenal continues their stride in the Premier League this term, despite getting caught in a stalemate with Crystal Palace at Emirates Stadium in the previous encounter.
The Gunners were held to a goalless draw by Crystal Palace on Thursday, while Newcastle will enter the match off the back of a 1-0 defeat away to Sheffield United on Tuesday.
The Gunners have picked up 24 points from 7 wins and 3 draws in their 18 appearances so far this term.
Arsenal come into this game on the back of a 0-0 draw against Roy Hodgson’s Crystal Palace on Thursday at the Emirates Stadium.
Newcastle United, on the other hand, lost 1-0 to Chris Wilder’s Sheffield United on Tuesday at Bramall Lane.
Reason for Arsenal vs Newcastle United predictions:
- Under 2.5 goals were scored in three of the last four meetings between Arsenal and Newcastle.
- Arsenal are averaging just 1.0 goal per Premier League home game this season.
- Arsenal have won each of their past six Premier League home fixtures played on a Monday, most recently against Newcastle in April 2019.
- Newcastle have failed to score in three of their last five away assignments.
- They are winless in eight matches in all competitions since beating West Brom in the league on 12 December.
- Newcastle have only scored once in their past six fixtures.
- Arsenal are unbeaten in five games in all competitions.
- Newcastle have won five of their past nine Premier League games in London.
- Both teams have scored in one of the recent five fixtures.
In 27 head-to-head encounters between the two sides, Arsenal hold the clear advantage. They have won 21 games, lost two and drawn four.
The two clubs last faced each other just a week ago in the third round of the FA Cup. Arsenal beat Newcastle United 2-0, courtesy of goals from young midfielder Emile Smith Rowe and star striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang.
There were genuine fears that Arsenal would be involved in a relegation battle given some of their performances earlier this season. However, the Gunners have managed to quell those doubts. They are currently 11th in the league table and the addition of Emile Smith Rowe to their midfield has proven to be crucial.
Newcastle United, on the other hand, suffered a disappointing loss against Sheffield United and questions continue to hound manager Steve Bruce. The Magpies are 15th in the table, but a few more poor results would see them drop straight down to the relegation spots.
Newcastle have won five, drawn four and lost eight of their 17 league matches this season to sit down in 15th position in the table, seven points clear of the relegation zone.
Arsenal seem to have found form at the right time, much to the relief of manager Mikel Arteta. They should be able to beat Newcastle United.
Our Prediction: Arsenal @ 1.44
Source: BetInAsia Black