Arsenal vs Crystal Palace: Prediction & Match Preview
Arsenal are looking to make it four Premier League wins in a row for the first time since October 2018 when they welcome Crystal Palace to the Emirates Stadium.
Arsenal host Crystal Palace in Premier League action on Thursday in what is sure to be a feisty London derby.
Mikel Arteta’s side are currently 11th in the Premier League, one point ahead of Palace who sit 14th on the table.
The Gunners will look to make it five wins on the trot in all competitions as they take on a Crystal Palace side who have faltered in their recent fixtures.
Arsenal are coming off a 2-0 win in the FA Cup against Newcastle.
Mikel Arteta will hope that his captain begins to bang in the goals for his team. Aubameyang has only scored three goals in the league this season and has looked off the pace for the majority of the campaign.
Roy Hodgson will be looking to stop the rot against Arsenal. Palace fell to a 1-0 defeat to Wolves in the FA Cup and have only won once in their last seven fixtures. The South London side has fallen to heavy defeats in recent weeks, losing 7-0 to Liverpool and 3-0 to Aston Villa.
Palace have conceded the third-most goals in the Premier League this season. They will come up against an Arsenal side who are one of the most in-form teams in the league.
- Arsenal are winless in their last four Premier League matches against Crystal Palace.
- In all competitions, Crystal Palace have registered just five wins in 47 previous meetings against Arsenal, though they are unbeaten in their last two at the Emirates.
- Palace have only won one of their past seven matches in all competitions, conceding 14 times.
- They kept their first Premier League clean sheet since the opening game of the season against Sheffield United last time out.
- Arsenal have conceded at least once in each of their last 11 Premier League home games – they last had a longer run without a home clean sheet between October 1983 and 1984.
- Arsenal have lost their last two home Premier League matches played on Thursday, losing 3-0 to Manchester City in March 2018 and 2-1 to Brighton in December 2019.
Crystal Palace can take comfort in their recent head-to-head record against Arsenal. Palace are unbeaten in their last four meetings against Arsenal, with the Gunners having last beaten the Eagles in 2018.
Crystal Palace famously won 3-2 at the Emirates Stadium to all but end Arsenal’s hopes of qualifying for the UEFA Champions League during the 2018-19 season.
Last season, the two sides played out draws in both Premier League fixtures. In Arsenal’s home match, Palace came from 2-0 down to draw 2-2 at the Emirates Stadium.
The Gunners have scored in all 20 home league meetings.
Prior to beating Chelsea in their most recent home league match, Arsenal had gone five without a victory at the Emirates Stadium in the competition, losing four of those.
Palace have the ability to pull off surprise results, as witnessed against Leicester City, Tottenham Hotspur and Manchester United this term.
Mikel Arteta’s side will be flying high after their recent run of fixtures and will start out as favorites on Thursday. However, the attacking flair of Crystal Palace is sure to make things uncomfortable for the Gunners.
That being said, Arsenal should have too much firepower for Crystal Palace to handle.
Our Prediction: Arsenal @ 1.70
Source: BetInAsia Black