Watford vs Queens Park Rangers: Predictions & Tips – Hornets tipped for narrow home win
Promotion-chasing Watford host QPR at Vicarage Road on Monday night, as they look to consolidate their position within the top four of the Championship.
Watford have been in terrific form recently, with the Hornets picking up 10 points from their last four Championship games.
However, after winning three games on the bounce, they could only manage a 0-0 draw away to Millwall in their last game.
Watford have enjoyed a positive start to 2021 to move into fourth spot in the Championship. A win on Monday night could take them into the top two.
Watford are currently in fourth place, with 47 points from 26 games. They are seven points off leaders Norwich City and just three points behind second-placed Swansea City.
QPR, on the other hand, are currently languishing in 19th place, with just 27 points from 25 games. Wins over Cardiff and Luton gave them some breathing space in the fight against relegation.
They lost their last game 1-0 to Derby County at home. Colin Kazim-Richards’ goal proved the difference between the sides.
Reason for Watford vs QPR predictions:
- Watford boast the best home form in the Championship having collected 32 points from a possible 39.
- Watford have won 3 of their last 4 matches (Championship).
- Watford have won their last 3 home matches to nil (Championship).
- QPR have failed to win in 12 of their last 15 league matches.
- QPR have seen BTTS No in their last 4 matches (Championship).
- QPR have seen under 2.5 goals scored in their last 10 matches (Championship).
- Four of Watford’s last five victories have been by a single goal.
- Watford have seen under 2.5 goals in 6 of their last 7 matches against QPR (all competitions).
In 18 meetings since 2000, Watford hold a 8-5 head to head record over QPR. There have also been five draws between the sides.
QPR have won 50 times against Watford in the past, while losing only 33 times. In 124 previous games between these two sides, there have been 31 draws.
In the reverse fixture, Ben Wilmot scored an early goal to give Watford the lead at Loftus Road. However, they were pegged back in the 77th minute by Ilias Chair, as the game ended 1-1.
QPR lost some momentum in their last game, when they lost to Derby County.
Watford, on the other hand, have moved along well near the top of the standings.
The blip at Millwall notwithstanding, we are predicting that Watford will cruise to a home win in this game.
Our Prediction: Watford @ 1.83
Source: BetInAsia Black