Tottenham and Manchester City go head to head in London in the Premier League derby.
Manchester City travel to North London to take on Tottenham Hotspur in the Premier League on Saturday evening.
This will be the Cityzens’ first game since manager Pep Guardiola put pen to paper on a new deal at the club, which is set to keep him there until the end of the 2022-23 season.
For the first time since January 2017, Spurs go into a showdown with Man City sitting above their opponents in the table, and victory would lift them to the very top until at least Sunday night.
Manchester City are currently five points behind Tottenham Hotspur in the Premier League, with a game in hand.
With the international breaks out of the way for the foreseeable future, Guardiola and Jose Mourinho will look for their teams to build a head of steam heading into the congested festive period fixtures.
Tottenham Hotspur are on a high after winning each of their last three Premier League games.
Reason for Tottenham vs Manchester City Predictions:
- Tottenham have averaged 2.37 goals per game in the Premier League this season.
- Tottenham are unbeaten in seven Premier League fixtures.
- Man City haven’t lost for nine games in all competitions.
- Son Heung-min scored four times in his last four appearances against City.
- Spurs remained unbeaten against Man City last season, including a 2-0 win in the corresponding fixture which ended a run of six top-flight meetings without a victory.
- Spurs have beaten Man City 24 times in total during the Premier League era.
Manchester City hold a narrow advantage against Tottenham Hotspur, having won 62 games against them, while Spurs have only beaten City 62 times.
The two teams have played 36 draws in 161 previous matches between them.
This will be a close game, especially given that both teams have recently built up a run of decent form, and have had a knack of winning games even without being at their best.
We could learn a lot about Tottenham’s title credentials from this match. Victory would be a real statement of intent, and Man City’s patchy form this season will make them confident of pulling off a win that would send them to the summit.
Man City’s failure to score more than once in a Premier League game can surely not go on for much longer, and we expect them to come away from this match with a point.
Our Prediction: Man City -2.5 @ 1.83