Motherwell make the trip to the Global Energy Stadium on Monday evening looking to build on their third-place finish in the Scottish Premiership last season.
Ross County head into the opener eager to make a positive start after ending the shortened campaign in 10th position.
Ross County were 10th in the 2019-20 Scottish Premiership when the season was halted. The Staggies won 2-1 at Aberdeen before a 4-1 defeat at Motherwell and a 1-0 loss against Rangers.
Motherwell were third in the 2019-20 Scottish Premiership before it was called off. Steve Robinson’s side had been in poor form since January however, winning just one of their previous 10 matches before the break.
Ross County vs Motherwell Stats:
- Ross County have seen BTTS in 3 of their last 4 matches.
- Ross County have seen BTTS in their last 4 matches against Motherwell.
- Motherwell have seen BTTS in 6 of their last 7 competitive matches.
- Motherwell were 3rd in the Scottish Premiership when the season was called off.
- Ross County are undefeated in 5 of their last 7 home matches (Scottish Premiership).
- Ross County have seen BTTS & Over 2.5 goals in their last 4 matches against Motherwell (all competitions).
Motherwell have a 14-8 advantage against Ross County with six draws in 28 matches. Motherwell have won the last two encounters including a 4-1 home win in March.
Motherwell Double Chance (Win or Draw) @ 1.40
Given the lack of competitive game time, we are expecting these two teams to be well matched on Monday night. Motherwell’s superior quality may ultimately shine through as they bid to contend for the top four.