Real Madrid vs Inter Milan: Huge UEFA Champions League clash in Spain
Real Madrid and Inter Milan meet in a huge UEFA Champions League Group B clash at Estadio Alfredo Di Stéfano on Tuesday. Real have one point from their opening two games, while Inter Milan are a point better off having drawn both of their opening games.
Madrid are actually on a four-game winless run in the Champions League, having also lost twice to Manchester City in the last-16 stage of last season’s competition.
Real Madrid are the 13-time European champions, the most successful team in the competition’s history, but currently sit bottom of Group B with just one point from their opening two games.
Inter Milan have recorded successive draws in the UEFA Champions League and sit in third place in Group B ahead of the trip to Madrid.
Both Real Madrid and Inter are still expected to qualify for the knockout stages and, given how close the group is, this meeting could go some way to deciding who finishes top.
Reason for Real Madrid vs Inter Milan Predictions:
- Real haven’t won their last four Champions League games.
- The Spanish side have one point from two games in this group.
- Inter have lost one of their last eight European games.
- Real Madrid have won 1 of their last 7 home matches (UEFA Champions League).
- Real Madrid have lost 3 of their last 4 matches (UEFA Champions League).
- Inter Milan have won 4 of their last 6 matches against Real Madrid (UEFA Champions League/European Cup).
- Inter Milan have seen BTTS in 7 of their last 9 matches (all competitions).
- Real Madrid have seen over 3.5 goals in last 4 matches (all competitions).
- Inter Milan have seen over 3.5 goals in 3 of their last 5 matches (UEFA Champions League).
Real Madrid and Inter Milan have met nine times in the UEFA Champions League or European Cup previously. Inter have won five times to Real’s three victories.
The last meeting came in the 1998/99 season with Real Madrid winning 2-0 at the Bernabeu and Inter victorious 3-1 at home in the group stages.
The capital giants have actually lost in the round of 16 in the last two seasons, but they are the most successful team in the history of this competition – winning 13 trophies – and will be determined to pick up a victory ahead of a difficult trip to San Siro in their next European clash at the end of November.
Inter, who reached last season’s Europa League final, would have fancied their chances of picking up a healthy total from their first two matches in the section.
The Italian giants have actually only won two of their last 12 Champions League matches, suffering five defeats, while their last two campaigns in this competition have ended in the group stage.
There is no downplaying the importance of this match as both teams look to record their first Champions League wins of the season. Lukaku’s expected absence is a big blow for Inter, and we fancy Madrid to edge a very close encounter in the Spanish capital.
Our Prediction: Real Madrid -1.0 (Asian Handicap Corners) @ 1.8