Leeds United vs. Leicester City – prediction,odds & team news
Leeds United continue to light up the Premier League and they will be looking to register their fourth win of the season when they lock horns with Leicester at Elland Road on Monday night.
Leeds United and Leicester City will lock horns in the Premier League for the first time since 2004.
Both sides have made positive starts to the 2020-21 campaign, with Leeds sitting seventh in the table, having won three of their six matches on their return to this level, while Leicester occupy fifth spot.
Considering the teams and fixtures that Leeds have faced in the early weeks of the 2020-21 campaign, a total of 10 points from six matches, which has left them seventh in England’s top flight, is a solid return.
Leeds United come into this game on the back of a 3-0 win over high-flying Aston Villa last Saturday in the English Premier League.
Leicester City, on the other hand, beat Greek side AEK Athens 2-1 in the group stage of the UEFA Europa League on Thursday.
Reason for Leeds United vs Leicester City Predictions:
- Leeds have scored in six of their seven competitive games this season.
- Leicester have scored 11 goals in four competitive away games this season.
- Leeds have only lost one of their last five Premier League matches.
- Leeds and Leicester are averaging 2.0 and 2.16 goals per game respectively in the Premier League this season.
- Leeds have won 15 of their past 20 league matches, drawing two and losing three.
- Since Marcelo Bielsa took charge in August 2018, only Liverpool and Manchester City have won more league matches in England’s top four divisions than Leeds’ 57.
- Leicester are looking to win five of their opening seven top-flight games in a season for the first time in their history.
- The Foxes have never won a Premier League away match on a Monday, drawing three and losing nine.
- Vardy has scored 12 goals in his past 15 Premier League appearances against newly-promoted teams.
- The Whites have picked up 10 points from their first six matches and as a result are sitting pretty up in sixth position.
In 15 previous encounters between the two sides, Leicester City hold the clear advantage. They have won seven games, lost two and drawn six.
What we can expect is goals at both ends. Leicester have scored some 11 goals in four away games this season but have only kept two clean sheets in their last eight.
Leeds have scored in all but one of their matches this season have only kept two clean sheets themselves, so backing both teams to score is a promising option.
Leeds United are in fine form, but the Foxes have managed to perform well despite difficult circumstances.
With both sides proving difficult to beat at the moment and averaging 2.0 and 2.16 goals per game on average, a 2-2 correct score prediction is another appealing choice.
Our Prediction: Over 2.5 & Yes (Total Goals Both Teams To Score) @ 1.95