RB Leipzig are set to welcome Paris Saint-Germain to the Red Bull Arena on Wednesday for their next UEFA Champions League group stage game.
The two sides met as recently as August in the semi final of this competition, with PSG comfortably winning 3-0.
RB Leipzig come into this game on the back of a 1-0 loss to Borussia Monchengladbach on Saturday in the Bundesliga.
Paris Saint-Germain, on the other hand, beat Nantes 3-0 on Sunday in Ligue 1.
Reason for RB Leipzig vs Paris Saint-Germain Predictions:
- PSG have won eight of their last nine competitive games, seven of them to nil.
- RB Leipzig have lost their last two games to nil.
- PSG have scored at least two goals in seven of their last nine matches in all competitions.
- RB Leipzig have only won one of their previous five games against French opponents in the Champions League.
- None of the previous 14 games between PSG and German opponents in the European Cup/Champions League have ever ended in a draw, with PSG winning nine of those games (five defeats).
RB Leipzig and Paris Saint-Germain will meet for the second time in European competition, with this game coming just 78 days after they met in the semi-final of last season’s Champions League.
RB Leipzig have faced Paris Saint-Germain once in an official fixture, in the UEFA Champions League semi-finals last season.
RB Leipzig were thrashed 5-0 by Manchester United in their previous Champions League game, and the subsequent loss to Borussia Monchengladbach has increased the pressure on the team.
Paris Saint-Germain, on the other hand, have not been consistent. The Parisiens did not enjoy the best of transfer windows in the summer, and that lack of investment could prove to be crucial, as injuries continue to pile up.
A close match is on the cards. With both German managers renowned for their tactical prowess, a draw seems to be a probably result for this fixture.
With both sides missing key players, we can see an entertaining score draw playing out here with neither side wishing to lose ground on each other in the race to progress to the knockout stages.
We are expecting a high scoring 2-2 draw this midweek.
Our Prediction: RB Leipzig 2-2 PSG