RB Leipzig vs Liverpool: prediction, preview and team news| UEFA Champions League 2020-21
Budapest’s Puskas Stadium will play host to the first leg of the Champions League last 16 tie between RB Leipzig and Liverpool on Tuesday night.
The first ever competitive meeting between the two sides will be held at the neutral venue due to coronavirus restrictions and Liverpool will be looking to take advantage of Leipzig’s lack of a home fixture in the two-legged tie.
The six-time European champions have won just five of their 15 games across all competitions since their final group game, losing six times including each of their last three outings.
The Bundesliga side are second on the league table and go into the game brimming with confidence after exacting revenge on Manchester United and knocking them out of the Champions League in their previous European outing.
- This is RB Leipzig’s third Champions League campaign, all in the last four seasons and their fourth in Europe overall.
- RB Leipzig won all three of their home games in Group H, beating Istanbul Baseksehir 2-0, PSG 2-1 and Manchester United 3-2.
- Liverpool are in the Champions League for the 13th time. They won the competition for the sixth time in 2018/19.
- Liverpool exited the 2019/20 competition in the last-16 to Atletico Madrid.
- These two teams have never fought against each other.
- They have kept clean sheets in two of the former four games and had scored three or more goals in two of the preceding four encounters.
- Klopp’s men are on a ten-match unbeaten run against German rivals.
This will be the first meeting between RB Leipzig and Liverpool.
The Reds are on a three-game losing run and had conceded a total of seven goals from the past two fixtures alone. Note that they were also winless in nine of their past twelve overall match-ups.
On the other hand, their counterparts are on a four-fixture winning run and had a combined scorecard of 10-1 in the process. They were also unbeaten in 15 of their former 17 overall games.
They had also won 13 of their last 15 appearances at home and had scored two or more goals in 11 of their 15 matches here.
The German outfit have been denied home advantage and the neutral venue should give Liverpool a slight advantage over the tie as a whole, but the form book firmly points at a Leipzig victory in this match.
Our Prediction: Leipzig @ 3.19
Source: BetInAsia Black