Chelsea host Newcastle United at Stamford Bridge in Monday night’s Premier League action.
Chelsea will be looking to make it five wins in a row in all competitions when they continue their 2020-21 Premier League campaign at home to Newcastle United on Monday.
The Blues have been impressive since Thomas Tuchel’s appointment, moving up into fifth position in the Premier League table, while Newcastle have won two of their last three in England’s top flight to ease any relegation fears.
Chelsea have won four straight games in all competitions after drawing their first game under Tuchel.
Chelsea beat Barnsley 1-0 in the FA Cup to move into the quarterfinals. Chelsea played Sheffield United in the Premier League last Monday night and were a bit fortunate to win 2-1.
With a win in this game, Chelsea would go above struggling Liverpool and into the top four of the Premier League. Given how this season has been, this is surely not the last twist in the race for UEFA Champions League spots.
Newcastle are currently 17th, just a spot above the relegation zone. However, there is a 10-point gap between them and Fulham in 18th place. In their last game, they beat Southampton 3-2.
- The Blues have earned three consecutive league wins, as many as in their previous 11 games.
- They last claimed four league victories in a row as part of a six-match sequence between September and November 2019.
- Chelsea have won 18 of their past 25 Premier League home matches against Newcastle.
- Newcastle have won two of their past three Premier League games, in contrast to two victories in their previous 13.
- The Magpies have lost 14 of their last 18 top-flight matches on a Monday, with all of those coming away.
- They have not hosted a Premier League game on a Monday since beating Wigan on 3 December 2012.
- Newcastle United have lost seven successive top-flight games at Stamford Bridge, scoring three goals and conceding 18.
Chelsea have won 75 of the previous 168 games that they have played against Newcastle, losing only 39 of those. There have been 54 draws.
The Magpies have lost seven successive top-flight games at Stamford Bridge, scoring three goals and conceding 18.
The reverse fixture at St. James’ Park in November ended 2-0 to the Blues, with a Federico Fernandez own goal followed by a strike from Tammy Abraham.
The Blues have been much-improved under Tuchel and will be taking on a Newcastle side missing their leading scorer. Chelsea’s home record this season is actually the third-best in the Premier League.
With Newcastle missing Wilson, there is barely a goal threat in their side now. We are predicting a comfortable Chelsea win.
Our Prediction: Chelsea @ 1.27
Source: BetInAsia Black