The Premier League is back in action with another round of fixtures this week as Manchester United take on Leicester City at Old Trafford on Tuesday. Both teams have been impressive this season and have a point to prove in this match.
The Red Devils came back to win 3-1 at Aston Villa on Sunday, whereas Leicester’s top-four hopes suffered a blow with a crushing 4-2 defeat to Newcastle United.
Leicester City are in fourth place in the Premier League standings and have experienced a disconcerting slump in recent weeks. They beat Southampton in the FA Cup and West Brom and Crystal Palace in the Premier League.
Manchester United, on the other hand, have been in exceptional form in the Premier League and are in second place in the league table. The Red Devils eased past Aston Villa in their previous game and will be confident ahead of this fixture.
Man United vs Leicester Predictions:
- Man United have won 9 of their last 12 matches (all competitions).
- Man United have won their last 5 home matches (all competitions).
- Man United have seen over 2.5 goals in 4 of their last 5 matches (Premier League).
- Man United have been over 2.5 goals in 7 of their last 8 home matches (Premier League).
- Man United have seen BTTS in 4 of their last 5 matches (Premier League).
- Man United have won their last 4 home matches against Leicester, and 10 of the last 11 (Premier League).
- Man United have won 10 Premier League matches after conceding first this season.
- United have picked up 31 points from losing positions, only three behind Newcastle United’s Premier League record set in 2001-02.
- United have won six of their last seven league games.
- Leicester have seen BTTS in their last 3 matches (Premier League).
- Leicester have seen BTTS in their last 5 away matches (Premier League).
- Leicester have lost 10 of their last 11 away meetings with Man United.
- Leicester have scored in 15 of their 17 Premier League away matches this season.
- Leicester have only won two of their 29 Premier League fixtures against Manchester United.
Manchester United have a good record against Leicester City and have won 68 matches out of a total of 132 games played between the two teams. Leicester City have managed only 34 victories against Manchester United and will need to improve their record in this fixture.
The previous meeting between the two teams took place in the FA Cup earlier this year and ended in a 3-1 victory for Leicester City. Manchester United were well below their best on the day and cannot afford a similar result this week.
Manchester United have won each of their last four Premier League home games and have not won five in a row at Old Trafford since March 2018 under Jose Mourinho.
The Red Devils have scored in the subsequent 23 league matches between the sides since that defeat, which is their longest Premier League scoring streak against a single opponent.
The Foxes solitary win in their past 22 top-flight visits to Old Trafford came on 31 January 1998, when Tony Cottee scored the only goal.
United have four more Premier League games left and they’re looking to make Man City wait as long as possible to win the title. The Red Devils have a great record in big games this season having gone unbeaten against the top six and we back them to claim a victory.
19 of their 35 Premier League games have seen both teams score and United have seen BTTS land in four of their last five, so we’re predicting victory for the Red Devils.
Our prediction: Man United win @ 2.63