Manchester City will be looking to take another huge step towards winning this season’s Premier League title when they welcome bitter rivals Manchester United to the Etihad Stadium on Sunday afternoon.
Man City are flying high at the top of the Premier League table and will be looking to take yet another three points in the Manchester derby as they look to take a step closer to wrapping up the title race.
The two teams at the top have had a contrasting last few weeks. While Manchester City continue their incredible winning run, Manchester United have struggled for consistency.
Pep Guardiola’s side, who are on an incredible 21-game winning run in all competitions, top the table, 14 points clear of second-placed Man United, who are very much locked in a battle for a top-four finish.
Manchester United surprisingly did the double over Manchester City last season and Pep Guardiola’s side will be out to exact some revenge.
- Manchester City have lost three of their last five home games against Manchester United in the Premier League.
- City have won 21 consecutive matches, scoring 55 goals and conceding eight.
- Manchester United are unbeaten in their last 21 Premier League matches away from home.
- Manchester City are unbeaten in their last 28 matches across all competitions.
- Manchester United are the only side in one of the top five European leagues yet to lose an away league match this season.
- They have been involved in six goalless draws in the league this season.
- Manchester United have won three of their past four league and cup games away to Manchester City.
- Seven of the past 10 Manchester derbies in all competitions have been won by the away side.
- The Red Devils could win three consecutive matches away to City for the first time since a run of four victories between 1993 and 2000.
Manchester United have the better head-to-head record between the two teams as they have won 23 out of the 47 matches between the two sides. City have won 15 games and nine have ended square.
There have been 151 top-flight Manchester derbies – United have won 58 and City 45, with 48 draws.
The two sides have faced off twice already this season. The league fixture between the two ended in a 0-0 draw. Meanwhile, Manchester City emerged victorious in the semi-finals of the EFL Cup in January.
Last season’s league clash at the Etihad Stadium ended in a 2-1 victory for Man United, with Rashford and Martial on the scoresheet for the 20-time English champions. As a result, Man City’s last home victory over the Red Devils in any competition was a 3-1 Premier League success in November 2018.
Man United have won three of their last six meetings with Man City in all competitions, suffering just two defeats, both of which were at Old Trafford.
Both teams have respected each other in recent seasons. City will attack their arch-rivals with confidence that they can take the three points. Manchester United’s defense has been reasonable but they might struggle to create openings if City dominate possession.
Our Prediction: Man City to win @ 1.51
Source: BetInAsia Black