Arsenal travel to Turf Moor to face Burnley on Saturday looking to make it back-to-back Premier League wins and three victories in a row across all competitions.
The Gunners slumped to a 1-0 defeat in the reverse fixture at the Emirates Stadium and Burnley could now complete a league double over Arsenal for the first time since 1962-63.
Burnley are on a run of just one win in their last nine matches in all competitions, but their only league losses in that period were against Chelsea, Man City and Tottenham.
Burnley come into this game on the back of a 1-1 draw against Brendan Rodgers’ Leicester City at Turf Moor.
Arsenal, on the other hand, beat Leicester City 3-1 last Sunday at the King Power Stadium.
Burnley vs Arsenal Predictions:
- Burnley have drawn their last 4 home matches.
- Burnley have only won once in eight Premier League games.
- Burnley have seen under 2.5 goals in their last 5 home matches.
- Burnley have seen under 2.5 goals in 7 of their last 8 home matches against Arsenal (all competitions).
- Arsenal have lost 11 league games this season.
- Arsenal are undefeated in 14 of their last 15 matches against Burnley (all competitions).
- Arsenal have seen BTTS in 4 of their last 5 matches (all competitions).
- Arsenal haven’t kept a clean sheet in 5 matches.
- They can score three or more goals in three consecutive fixtures in all competitions for the first time since September 2019.
Arsenal have the historical edge over Burnley, winning 54 and drawing 22 times in 110 games between the sides. Burnley have won 34 times.
In 17 head-to-head encounters between the two sides, Arsenal hold the clear advantage. They have won 13 games, lost two and drawn two.
Burnley have won just one of the last 15 games between the two sides. The two clubs last faced each other last year in the English Premier League, with Burnley beating ten-man Arsenal 1-0.
Arsenal have not lost at Turf Moor in eight league meetings dating back to December 1973 and have kept a clean sheet in four of their last five matches there.
The Gunners have conceded just seven goals in 13 Premier League encounters and have never let in more than one in a match.
Burnley are currently 15th in the league table, six points ahead of 18th-placed Fulham, who have played a game less. The ability of Sean Dyche’s side to soak pressure and strangle games makes them a tough team to play against.
The victory at the Emirates in December should give Burnley plenty of confidence that they can pull off the double in this fixture for the first time in almost 60 years, but they will still go into the game as underdogs regardless.
Arsenal, on the other hand, are 10th in the Premier League table and have been an inconsistent team throughout the season. They have won only two of their last five league games.
Arsenal have what it takes to beat Burnley, but the hosts will not make it easy for Arteta’s side.
Our Prediction: Arsenal to win @ 1.67
Source: BetInAsia Black