Chelsea vs Everton: Prediction & Match Preview
Chelsea will host Everton in the Premier League at Stamford Bridge on Monday evening in what is expected to be a close game between two teams vying for a place in the top four.
Chelsea are currently fourth in the table, one point clear of fifth-placed Everton, but the Toffees have a game in hand over Thomas Tuchel’s side as both battle to finish in the Champions League spots.
The Toffees are in a good run of form and seem to be peaking at the right time. Chelsea, on the other hand, are yet to lose under Tuchel.
Chelsea are still unbeaten under their new boss. Since Thomas Tuchel has took charge, only Man City have acquired more points in the league and he has won 10 more points in his first eight league games, than Lampard did his final eight league games.
The Blues come off the back of a 0-0 draw at home to Man United last weekend which was followed by a big win at Anfield in the week.
Everton have been in good form, particularly away from home. Their midweek victory means that they have now won nine away games this season, the joint most they’ve achieved in the Premier League.
Chelsea vs. Everton predictions:
- Chelsea are unbeaten in 10 matches under Thomas Tuchel (all competitions).
- Chelsea have won 7 of their last 9 matches (all competitions).
- Chelsea are undefeated in their last 27 home matches against Everton (all competitions).
- Chelsea have scored 2+ goals in 5 of their last 6 home matches against Everton (all competitions).
- Chelsea have earned 18 Premier League points since Tuchel’s first game.
- Everton have scored in 7 of their last 8 matches (all competititions).
- Everton’s Richarlison has scored in his last 4 matches (Premier League).
- The Toffees can keep four consecutive Premier League clean sheets for the first time in 12 years.
Chelsea have the historical edge over Everton, winning 73 and drawing 55 times in 185 games between the sides. Everton have won 57 times.
Everton are looking to complete their first league double over Chelsea since the 1978-79 campaign.
More recently, however, the Toffees have had the upper hand. They have lost just once out of the last six games between the two teams and have beaten Chelsea three times.
The home team haven’t lost this match up in the last eight meetings when Chelsea beat Everton at Goodison Park in 2017. The last meeting between the two was in December when a Gylfi Sigurdsson penalty won the game for Everton at Goodison Park.
Both Chelsea and Everton come into the game on the back of a strong run of form. Under Thomas Tuchel, Chelsea have been extremely solid if not always spectacular. A ten-game unbeaten run that includes victories against the likes of Liverpool and Atletico Madrid shows the kind of form that the Blues are in they should be able to bag another victory on Monday night, continuing their strong run under the German.
Our Prediction: Chelsea to win @ 1.60
Source: BetInAsia Black