Everton remain in contention for European football heading into their clash with champions Manchester City on the final day of the Premier League season.
The Toffees are positioned eighth in the table and just three points off sixth, while Man City will now have more than one eye on next week’s Champions League final.
City have taken just three points from their last three assignments, though their matches have been a thrill a minute with 15 goals scored across their last 360 minutes of football.
Everton meanwhile, can still land a place in next season’s inaugural Conference League if things fall into place on the final day, and a point could be enough to fire them into seventh spot if Spurs are turned over at Leicester.
Man City vs Everton predictions:
- Man City have won 21 of their last 25 Premier League fixtures.
- Man City have won each of their last seven meetings with Everton.
- Man City have conceded eight goals in the last three league matches.
- Man City have one clean sheet in the last six league games.
- Over 2.5 goals have been scored in seven of Man City’s last nine league games.
- Everton have three wins in their last 11 matches.
- Everton have one loss in 14 away matches in the league.
- Everton have clean sheets in their last four away league matches.
- Everton’s past five league wins have been by a 1-0 scoreline.
- Five of the last seven meetings between Man City and Everton have produced over 2.5 goals.
- Manchester City have won the past six league meetings.
- They also beat Everton 2-0 in the FA Cup quarter-finals this season.
Carlo Ancelotti’s side have struggled for consistency pretty much throughout a frustrating 2020-21, yet that has also been the case for each of the teams around them in the table.
Winning at the Etihad Stadium is no easy feat, especially when taking into account that Everton have not won back-to-back league games since the start of March.
Everton have lost their last six Premier League games against Man City, only losing more consecutively in the competition against Manchester United (nine between 1999-2004).
The Citizens’ results over the past five weeks certainly suggest that they have taken their foot off the gas, losing half of their last six league matches – against Leeds United, Chelsea and Brighton & Hove Albion.
City have lost their final league game in just one of the last 12 seasons, the solitary defeat in that run coming at home to Norwich City in 2012-13.
City have not been at their best of late: they lost 2-1 to Chelsea, beat Newcastle 4-3 and then fell 3-2 at Brighton. Everton are also a good team away from home, so this could be ricky for the champions.
Everton have all to play for here, and will look to take advantage of City’s ambitions away from the Premier League. They have a good away record and will be looking to settle fast and take control of this game.
Man City will use this game as a last preparation for the Champions League final, while Everton can qualify for Europe with a positive set of results on Sunday.
Our prediction: Man City win @ 1.45