Dundee hold a narrow advantage over Kilmarnock heading into the second leg of their Scottish Premiership playoff final at Rugby Park on Monday evening.
The second-tier side won Thursday’s first leg 2-1 at Dens Park and will now be looking to complete the job against their top-flight opponents in East Ayrshire.
Kilmarnock went undefeated in five matches in April. The run culminated in a penalty shootout defeat to St. Mirren in the Scottish Cup semi-finals.
Dundee went undefeated in their final eight matches in the Scottish Championship. They won the last two, 2-1 against Raith Rovers and 2-0 at Queen of the South.
That win means Dundee have now won four of their last five matches and have lost just one of their last nine, while Kilmarnock have won just one of their last five.
Kilmarnock have spent the past 28 years in the Scottish Premiership, but that is under real threat following their defeat in the opening 90 minutes of this finely-poised tie.
Kilmarnock vs Dundee Predictions:
- Kilmarnock are undefeated in 6 of their last 7 home matches (all competitions).
- Kilmarnock have drawn 4 of their last 7 home matches (all competitions).
- Kilmarnock have drawn 7 of their last 13 matches against Dundee (all competitions).
- Kilmarnock is unbeaten for 2 home matches.
- Kilmarnock has scored at least one goal in the last 3 matches.
- Kilmarnock have won once in five games but have only lost once in seven outings at Rugby Park.
- Kilmarnock have scored three goals in their latest four homes games.
- Dundee has won the last 2 matches.
- Dundee is unbeaten for 5 matches.
- Dundee has scored at least one goal in the last 3 matches.
- Dundee is unbeaten for 2 away matches.
- Dundee are undefeated in 8 of their last 9 matches (all competitions).
Kilmarnock have a 17-16 advantage against Dundee with 19 draws in 52 matches.
Six of the last 13 meetings between the sides since February 2016 have finished all square, with Killie winning four and Dundee prevailing three times.
Away from home they are unbeaten in six matches and while Kilmarnock do represent more challenging opposition the hosts have only won three of their last 12 home league games.
Dundee need a draw to reach the Scottish Premiership after beating Kilmarnock in the first leg.
Our prediction: Draw @ 3.56