Manchester United will fancy their chances of reaching the semi-finals of the Europa League when they prepare to face FC Copenhagen in Cologne on Monday night. The Red Devils have a big class advantage and should be able to advance in Germany.
Manchester United and FC Copenhagen have only met twice previously, playing one another in the 2006-07 Champions League group stages – the Red Devils won 3-0 at Old Trafford before losing 1-0 in Copenhagen.
In 10 previous attempts, Copenhagen’s only victory against English sides in European competition was against Manchester United in November 2006. They have failed to score in their last four games against English opponents.
Man United vs Copenhagen Stats:
- Man United have won by 4+ goals in 3 of their last 5 matches (Europa League).
- Man United have kept 8 clean sheets in their last 11 matches (Europa League).
- Man United have won by 3+ goals in 4 of their last 8 matches (English Premier League).
- Man United are undefeated in 22 of their last 23 matches (all competitions).
- Man United’s squad is valued at €748.68m.
- Copenhagen have lost 4 of their last 7 matches (Danish Superliga).
- Copenhagen have drawn 4 of their last 9 matches (Europa League).
- Copenhagen’s squad is valued at €37.35m.
- Man United score 24 goals in their final nine league games of the season.
- United have kept a clean sheet in seven of their last 10 games in this competition.
Manchester United finished third in the Premier League after a strong end to the season. The Red Devils ended their EPL campaign with a 2-0 win at Leicester.
Copenhagen had a poor season by their high standards after finishing second in the Danish Superliga. Copenhagen won their final two matches 1-0 at AaB and 2-1 against Nordsjaelland.
A win to nil for the Red Devils is our pick, while we’re going for a 2-0 United win as our correct score prediction. United’s superior quality should shine through at some stage, keeping them on course for the final.
Manchester United 2-0 @7.00