Inter Milan remain on course for silverware in Antonio Conte’s first campaign in charge as they take on Bayer Leverkusen in the Europa League quarter-finals on Monday night.
Inter fell just short in the Scudetto, finishing a point below Juventus, but are recovering quickly and are favourites to overcome Bayer Leverkusen in their Europa League quarter-final in Dusseldorf.
Inter Milan beat Getafe 2-0 in the Round of 16 on Wednesday. Leverkusen, on the other hand, had a comfortable outing against Rangers, winning 1-0.
Reason for Inter Milan vs. Bayer Leverkusen predictions:
- Bayer Leverkusen lost four of their six group stage games, including defeats home and away to Juventus.
- Inter have won four straight games to nil.
- The Nerazzurri have kept six clean sheets in seven and scored twice in eight of their last nine.
- Inter have won 2-0 in three straight games.
- The Italians have a 100% winning record against this opponent.
- They have scored two or more goals in all of their fixtures so far.
- Conte’s men had recorded a 0-2 win on the road in the 2003 edition of the CL, and a 3-2 win at home in the same competition.
Inter are a team full of experienced players who have been at the business end of European competitions before. Inter have now kept six clean sheets in seven games, scoring at least twice in eight of their last nine matches.
The German side will look to come out and play some aggressive, expansive football, always on the front foot.
Inter are a serious contender for this competition, while Leverkusen have seen shaky form since returning to action. Inter have won both previous competitive meetings with Leverkusen, coming in the 2002-03 Champions League group stage, and are the strong favourites to win this latest encounter. As a result, we’re backing Inter to claim a win, while a fourth straight 2-0 win for Conte’s men is our correct score prediction.
Inter Milan 2-0 Bayer Leverkusen