Chelsea face a long night at the Allianz Arena on Saturday when they take on Bayern Munich, already trailing 3-0 from the first leg of their Champions League round-of-16 tie.
The Blues were totally outclassed by the Bundesliga champions at Stamford Bridge and there is little to suggest the return fixture won’t be a repeat of February’s one-sided encounter.
A lot has happened in the six months since the sides last met, but Bayern remain the overwhelming favourites to advance to the quarter-finals, where Napoli or Barcelona await.
Chelsea have scored three away goals in a knockout game only once, winning 3-1 at Anfield back in 2009. Bayern Munich, have conceded three or more times on three out of 43 matches in UCL knockouts.
Reason for Bayern Munich vs. Chelsea predictions:
- Bayern Munich won 21 out of 22 competitive fixtures in 2020 so far.
- Bayern notched 31 goals in 10 home matches since January 1.
- Bayern beat Chelsea 3-0 in the teams’ first leg meeting in February.
- Bayern scored three or more goals in 28 separate games already this season.
- Bayern Munich won all of their last 6 matches.
- Chelsea won 3 of their last 6 matches and lost 3 matches.
The last game between FC Bayern Munich and Chelsea in the Champions League Season 2019/20 took place in February 2020 and ended with a 0-3 win for FC Bayern Munich.
Playing at the Allianz Arena will bring back happy memories for Chelsea, but they face an almighty task if they are to prolong their European campaign beyond this weekend. The Blues are winless in their last seven away Champions League matches in the knockout stages, while Bayern have won 17 games in a row in all competitions.
Yes (Both Teams To Score) @ 1.62
Bayern Munich 2-1 Chelsea