Liverpool vs West Ham Predictions & Odds – Can Liverpool cope with defensive injuries?
Premier League champions Liverpool will aspire to win their fourth game on the bounce in all competitions when the Reds welcome West Ham United to Anfield for Saturday’s top-flight showdown.
Injury-hit Liverpool host West Ham United at Anfield on Saturday night, as they look to keep their winning run going.
The Reds haven’t been at their best, but have won their last three games, including a perfect start to their UEFA Champions League group.
Liverpool were tested last weekend in the Premier League by a plucky Sheffield United side, but came through it, with Diogo Jota scoring the winner in a 2-1 win for Jurgen Klopp’s side.
West Ham United, on the other hand, have got two very creditable results in the last two weeks. They followed up that incredible 3-3 draw against Tottenham Hotspur with a resilient defensive performance to draw 1-1 against Manchester City.
Reason for Liverpool vs West Ham United Predictions:
- Liverpool kept just one clean sheet in six Premier League games so far this season.
- Liverpool won 28 of their last 29 Premier League fixtures at Anfield.
- Liverpool have won 6 of their last 7 games against West Ham United.
- West Ham scored at least once in each of their last eight competitive matches.
- Both teams scored in four of the last six meetings between Liverpool and West Ham.
- West Ham have seen BTTS in their last four games (Premier League).
- West Ham have lost 8 of their last 13 away games (Premier League).
- West Ham have scored in the first half in 4 of their last 5 games (Premier League).
Liverpool are unbeaten in eight Premier League games against West Ham since losing both meetings in 2015-16.
The Hammers won 3-0 at Anfield in August 2015 but that is their only victory in their past 47 league games away to the Reds.
Liverpool are defending a 62-game unbeaten run at Anfield in the Premier League this weekend.
After a difficult start to the season, West Ham United have responded with some excellent results in recent weeks. David Moyes’ team are unbeaten in their last four games.
Their last two games saw them face title hopefuls Tottenham and Manchester City and they have managed to take a point from each.
Liverpool have won 76 times in this fixture compared to West Ham’s 28 wins. These two teams have played 37 draws against each other.
Liverpool won six of the last seven games including a 3-2 win at Anfield in their last meeting.
The Reds are facing a challenging fixture against a West Ham side who have made a habit of taking points off of some of the big sides recently, but we still think the champions will do enough to get over the line.
Liverpool have had a great record over West Ham in recent years and they should win again at Anfield.
Our Prediction: Liverpool Win 2-1 @8.50