Wolverhampton Wanderers vs. Crystal Palace – prediction, team news & odds
Wolverhampton Wanderers will be looking to return to winning ways in the Premier League when they continue their 2020-21 campaign at home to Crystal Palace on Friday night.
After dropping two points in a 1-1 draw with Newcastle United, Wolverhampton will be looking to return to winning ways when they take on Crystal Palace at their Molineux Stadium.
Wolves have struggled for consistency in the early stages of the campaign, but a respectable total of 10 points from six matches has left them in ninth spot in the table, only three points off leaders Everton.
The 2017-18 Championship winners recorded a 2-0 win over Palace in the corresponding game last season, but Wolves did suffer a 2-0 loss in this exact fixture in 2018-19.
Reason for Wolverhampton Wanderers vs Crystal Palace Predictions:
- Both teams scored in four of Crystal Palace’s last five league games.
- Wolves scored at least once in 21 of their last 24 league fixtures at Molineux.
- Wolves beat Palace 2-0 at Molineux in July.
- Crystal Palace lost five of their last seven Premier League away matches.
- Wolves’ total of 10 points from six matches represents their best start to a top-flight season since 1979, when they had 13 points.
- Wolves have won just one of the 11 Premier League games under Nuno Espirito Santo.
- They have kept a clean sheet in each of their past eight Premier League victories.
- Palace’s tally of 10 points equals their best start to a Premier League campaign, set in 2016-17.
- Wilfried Zaha has scored five goals in six Premier League games this season, one more than he managed in 38 appearances last term.
Wolves have lost three of the past six league meetings, as many defeats as in the previous 13 encounters.
Crystal Palace have won three of their last five away league matches against Wolves, although they lost 2-0 at Molineux in July.
Neither team has scored more than two goals in any of the 16 top-flight meetings.
Palace, despite their injury issues, are certainly capable of making it a difficult game for Wolves, who are still working their way into the new season. We are expecting a tight game at Molineux but believe that the home side will have enough to return to winning ways in the Premier League.
Our Prediction: Wolves 2-1 Crystal Palace @ 2.079