The Premier League is up and running, with the opening gameweek of the season yielding ten definitive results.
Liverpool will welcome Burnley to Anfield for a matchday two fixture in the Premier League on Saturday.
The home side kicked off their campaign with an emphatic 3-0 away victory over newly-promoted Norwich City last weekend. Mohamed Salah got on the scoresheet and also provided assists for strike partners Diogo Jota and Roberto Firmino in the rout.
Burnley were on the wrong end of a 2-1 defeat to Brighton and Hove Albion on home turf.
Liverpool’s victory helped them climb up to third in the table, while Burnley are further down in 12th place.
Liverpool vs Burnley predictions:
- Liverpool have won five of their last six Premier League games by more than a single goal.
- Liverpool have not suffered back-to-back home defeats in the Premier League against an opponent since losing three in a row versus Crystal Palace between 2014/15 and 2016/17.
- Liverpool have lost their first home league match in just three of the last 55 seasons and have won their first league game at Anfield in each of the last eight.
- Liverpool are on the longest current unbeaten run in the Premier League (11), and have won their last six games in a row.
- The Reds have taken 29 points from their last 11 games, having earned just 10 points in their previous 11 in the competition.
- Burnley have lost eight of their last ten league matches.
- Burnley have suffered 10 defeats in 14 Premier League matches against Liverpool.
- Burnley have won their first away league game in just two of the last 14 seasons, beating Sheffield Wednesday in 2013/14 and Chelsea in 2017/18.
This will be the 125th meeting between the two sides and Liverpool have a superior record against the Lancashire outfit.
The Reds were victorious on 57 occasions, while 29 previous matches ended in a share of the spoils. Burnley have 28 wins to their name.
Burnley could win consecutive league away games against Liverpool for the first time since 1897.
Their most recent meeting came in May when Firmino, Nat Phillips and Alex-Oxlade-Chamberlain all got on the scoresheet to help Liverpool pick up a 3-0 away victory.
Liverpool’s strong start to the season means that there is likely to be only one winner here.
The Reds have enjoyed success against Burnley in recent seasons and we expect that trend to continue at Anfield. Although Sean Dyche’s side are capable of frustrating the hosts, Liverpool’s superior firepower should fire them to another comfortable victory.
Our prediction: Liverpool win @ 1.26