Brentford vs Arsenal: Prediction and team news
Brentford face Arsenal on Friday night in their first match back in the top division of English football since 1947.
The 2021-22 Premier League season gets underway at the Brentford Community Stadium on Friday night, as the newly-promoted Bees play host to London rivals Arsenal.
It will be a momentous occasion for Thomas Frank and his side at a sold-out Brentford Community Stadium against Mikel Arteta’s Arsenal team.
While the Gunners were put to the test in their final pre-season game as they lost 1-0 to their bitter North London rivals Tottenham on Sunday.
Brentford vs Arsenal predictions:
- Brentford won 5 of their last 6 matches and lost 1 match.
- Brentford have not played at home in the English Premier League this season.
- Arsenal won 5 of their last 6 matches and 1 match ended in a draw.
- Arsenal have won their last 5 league games.
- Arsenal have not played away this season.
The last game between Brentford and Arsenal in the English League Cup Season 2018/19 took place in September 2018 and ended with a 3-1 win for Arsenal.
Goals are there to be had on the opening night, with Toney desperate to prove that he can perform at the top level while Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang and Alexandre Lacazette desperately try to find their shooting boots.
Frank’s men are certainly capable of making their first-ever Premier League encounter.
Our prediction: Arsenal win @ 1.93