Leeds United will be looking to put their 5-1 thrashing at the hands of Manchester United behind them as they take on Everton at Elland Road on Saturday.
Marcelo Bielsa’s men were played out of the park by Manchester United in their season opener last week.
The Toffees, on the other hand, got off to a great start to the 2021-22 Premier League season as they registered a 3-1 win against Southampton.
Everton had one of the best away records in the Premier League last season. They won eight of their last 13 on the road and only lost two during this run.
Leeds vs Everton Predictions:
- Everton have seen over 2.5 goals in their last 2 matches (all competitions).
- Everton have won 4 of their last 6 matches against Leeds (Premier League).
- Everton have kept a clean sheet in six of their last eight Premier League away games.
- Everton are aiming to remain unbeaten in their opening two Premier League matches for the 10th successive season.
- Leeds have lost 4 of their last 5 matches (all competitions).
- Leeds United have lost their first home top-flight match in just one of their last 16 seasons at this level.
- Leeds have seen over 2.5 goals in 7 of their last 8 matches (all competitions).
Leeds have a 52-34 advantage against Everton in 118 meetings with 32 draws. The Toffees beat Leeds 2-1 at Elland Road in their most recent fixture.
In the last ten meetings between the two sides, Everton have won four while Leeds United have won three. Three matches have ended as draws. The last time the two sides locked horns was in February earlier this year when Everton won the game 2-1.
Both league meetings were won by the away team last season. The away side had won just one of the previous 27 top-flight matches between the teams.
After 36 league visits to Elland Road without a victory, Everton have won two of their past three away games at Leeds.
Leeds United will hope that they can convert their home advantage to a win here. But the Toffees played some exciting football in the second half of their season opener against Southampton.
Our prediction: Leeds win @ 2.33