The Premier League returns to the fold with another fixture on Monday night this weekend as Leicester City host Crystal Palace at the King Power Stadium.
Leicester City have been impressive this season and hold the upper hand going into this game.
Crystal Palace are in 13th place in the Premier League standings, some 11 points clear of the relegation zone. Palace have struggled for results recently in the Premier League and are winless in five of their last six.
Crystal Palace lost 4-1 at home to Chelsea last Saturday.
Leicester City, on the other, are currently in third place in the league table, four points clear of fifth-placed West Ham United and will be intent on a top-four finish this season.
The win followed a 1-0 victory over Southampton in the FA Cup semi-final on Sunday, where Iheanacho scored the winner.
Leicester’s victory against West Brom ended a run of two consecutive Premier League defeats to Man City and West Ham.
Leicester City vs Crystal Palace predictions:
- Leicester have won 5 of their last 7 matches (all competitions).
- Leicester have won 3 of their last 5 matches (Premier League).
- Leicester have won 5 of their last 8 home matches (all competitions).
- Leicester’s Kelechi Iheanacho has scored 11 goals in his last 8 matches (all competitions).
- Leicester have won 3 of their last 5 home matches against Crystal Palace (Premier League).
- Crystal Palace have lost 5 of their last 9 away matches (all competitions).
- Palace have only won two of their past nine Premier League fixtures.
- They failed to score more than once in any of their last six league matches.
- Their only clean sheet in 19 top-flight games came in a 0-0 draw at Arsenal in January.
Leicester have a 28-27 advantage against Crystal Palace with 19 matches drawn.
Leicester City have the slightest of historical advantages over Crystal Palace and have won 28 games out of a total of 74 matches played between the two teams. Crystal Palace have managed 27 victories against Leicester City and will want to level the scales this weekend.
The previous meeting between the two English sides took place in December last year and ended in a 1-1 draw. Crystal Palace gave an excellent account of themselves on the day and will want to take it up a notch on Monday.
The Foxes have actually lost seven of their 16 home league matches this term, but they recorded a 3-0 win over Palace when they welcomed the Eagles for the corresponding game in 2019-20.
The Eagles have won just one of their last six in the league but are not in any relegation danger at this stage, currently sitting 11 points clear of 18th-placed Fulham, with two games in hand on the Cottagers.
Leicester City have had a few blips on their radar over the past month and will want to make a top-four statement this weekend. Brendan Rodger’s side was impressive against West Bromwich Albion this week and needs a similar performance on Monday.
Crystal Palace have excellent players in their ranks but have failed to find a system that brings the best out of their stars. Leicester City are the better team at the moment and should be able to win this game.
Our prediction: Leicester City win @ 1.45