Leicester City vs Chelsea: prediction and team news
On Tuesday, the big game of the week will be played at the King Power Stadium, where Leicester City play hosts to a stuttering Chelsea side in English Premier League game.
Both teams triumphed and kept clean sheets at the weekend, with Leicester overcoming Southampton 2-0 while Chelsea took the spoils in a 1-0 win at Fulham.
Leicester City come into this game on the back of a 2-0 win over Ralph Hasenhuttl’s Southampton on Saturday at the King Power Stadium.
Chelsea, on the other hand, beat ten-man Fulham 1-0 on Saturday at Craven Cottage in the West London derby.
A second-half strike from English midfielder Mason Mount secured a crucial win for Frank Lampard. Fulham had left-back Antonee Robinson sent off in the first half.
The Foxes are currently third on the Premier League table, level on points with second-placed Manchester City. Currently on a five-game unbeaten run in the top-flight, Brendan Rodgers come into this fixture on the back of a hard-fought win over Southampton.
Reason for Leicester City vs Chelsea predictions:
- Chelsea have lost three of their last four Premier League away games.
- The Blues are winless in five league games this season against the sides currently above them in the table, drawing two matches and losing three.
- Leicester are unbeaten in five Premier League fixtures.
- Four of their five league losses this season have come at the King Power Stadium, equalling their total number of home defeats in 2019-20.
- The Foxes have won each of the last 10 Premier League fixtures in which they scored the opening goal, including all nine this season.
- Chelsea have won just twice in seven league matches overall.
- Leicester have scored exactly two goals in four of their last five league assignments.
- Chelsea scored 22 league goals in their opening nine games.
- Chelsea are without a win in five Premier League games this term against the sides currently above them in the table.
In 17 head-to-head encounters between the two sides, Chelsea hold the clear advantage. They have won 10 games, lost two and drawn five.
The two clubs last faced each other last year in the quarter-finals of the FA Cup, with Chelsea beating Leicester City 1-0.
Leicester City manager Brendan Rodgers has been linked with the Chelsea job after some impressive performances from the Foxes. They sit third in the Premier League and are six points ahead of Chelsea. Veteran striker Jamie Vardy continues to be a key operator up front.
A haul of seven points from a trio of recent games against Tottenham (2-0), Man Utd (2-2) and Southampton 2-0) showed that Leicester have more staying power this season and a fast start from the Foxes on Tuesday could set knees knocking in the Chelsea ranks.
Chelsea, on the other hand, have come under pressure after some poor results. They are seventh in the league table. Summer signings Timo Werner and Kai Havertz, as well as manager Frank Lampard, have been highly criticized.
The Foxes have shown good form recently and we expect them to beat Chelsea.
Our Prediction: Leicester City @ 2.96
Source: BetInAsia Black