West Ham United travel to Elland Road to face Leeds United in the Premier League on Friday night. Both teams are looking to bounce back from losses suffered last weekend to top-six opposition.
The home side, who are in 14th place, head into the contest at Elland Road sitting just three points adrift of their opponents.
West Ham should have been out of sight by the time Manchester United began their comeback with a wonder goal from Paul Pogba. Eventually, the Red Devils overpowered the Hammers in the final quarter of the game to win 3-1 at the London Stadium.
Leeds also took an early lead against Chelsea at Stamford Bridge, with Kalvin Phillips setting up an excellent goal from Patrick Bamford. However, Chelsea came back to win that game 3-1 as well.
The Hammers have won three and lost just one of their last four games, although the defeat came in their latest encounter, against Manchester United last weekend.
The last time Leeds and West Ham met was in the Championship in 2012, with the game ending in a 1-1 draw at Elland Road.
- This is the first Premier League meeting between the two teams since a 1-0 home win for the Whites back in February 2003.
- Leeds have never lost a top-flight home game played on a Friday (W3 D6), drawing both such games in the Premier League.
- West Ham are winless in their last nine meetings with Leeds in all competitions (D4 L5), since a 1-0 win at Elland Road in November 2000.
- After winning their first home league game of the season 4-3 against Fulham, Leeds are winless in their last four at Elland Road, netting just two goals in this run.
- Leeds have won just two of their last eight Premier League games.
- West Ham have only lost two of their last nine Premier League matches.
- Both Leeds and West Ham have scored exactly one goal in four of their last five top flight fixtures.
This will be the first league meeting between Leeds United and West Ham since 2011/12 Championship campaign when both games ended in draws.
Leeds United have won 49 of the previous 105 clashes against West Ham United, losing only 27 times. A total of 29 games between these two teams have ended in draws before this match.
Given the circumstances of their defeat against Man United, West Ham will be motivated to shake off that frustration at the earliest opportunity. However, Leeds will fancy their chances in this contest and we feel that the home side will edge an entertaining encounter by the odd goal in three.
Our Prediction: Leeds United @ 2.33
Source: BetInAsia Black