Arsenal vs Chelsea: Chelsea win and Lukaku to score
The Premier League features an exciting London Derby this weekend as Arsenal take on arch-rivals Chelsea at the Emirates Stadium on Sunday. Both teams have impressive players in their ranks and will want to win this game.
The Gunners opened the new campaign with a dismal 2-0 defeat at Brentford last Friday, whereas Thomas Tuchel’s side eased to a 3-0 success over Crystal Palace.
Arsenal have struggled in the Premier League over the past few years and will need to be at their best to return to the European stage this season.
Arsenal suffered losses to Hibernian, Chelsea and Tottenham as well as a 2-2 draw with Rangers in the build up to the new season.
Chelsea defeated La Liga’s Villarreal 6-5 on penalties in the UEFA Super Cup after it ended 1-1 after extra time. Romelu Lukaku is expected to start the game after completing his transfer from Inter Milan.
Arsenal vs Chelsea Predictions:
- Arsenal have seen BTTS in 6 of their last 7 matches against Chelsea (all competitions).
- Arsenal can win four successive matches against Chelsea in all competitions for the first time since 2004.
- Arsenal have lost their opening home league fixture in five of the past 10 seasons.
- Chelsea have won 2 of their last 3 matches (Premier League).
- Chelsea have only won three of their past 14 games against Arsenal in all competitions, losing the last three.
- Chelsea have lost their opening Premier League away fixture in only three of the past 20 seasons.
- Chelsea new boy Romelu Lukaku scored 24 goals in Serie A last season at 0.75 goals per match.
Arsenal have a good record against Chelsea and have won 79 games out of a total of 203 matches played between the two teams. Chelsea have managed 59 victories against Arsenal and will need to step up in this match.
Arsenal have won the last three competitive matches between the sides including a 1-0 win in the Premier League back in May. Chelsea won a pre-season friendly 2-1 against the Gunners at the start of the month.
Chelsea have been impressive in recent months and will want to prove their mettle this weekend.
Arsenal have plenty of work to do under Mikel Arteta this season and cannot afford another mediocre season in the Premier League. The Gunners have young talent in their ranks and will have to prove their mettle this weekend.
Chelsea have grown in stature under Thomas Tuchel and could potentially win the Premier League this season. The Blues are the better team at the moment and should be able to win this game.
With Lukaku out to score his first ever goal for Chelsea and the Blues seeking to avenge back-to-back defeats last season, we can only see the blue side of London celebrating after Sunday’s game.
Our prediction: Chelsea win @ 1.91