Juventus face a season-defining UEFA Champions League clash as they host FC Porto at the Allianz Stadium in Turin on Tuesday night.
With Inter Milan still favorites for the Serie A title, the Bianconeri have an uphill task of overcoming a first-leg deficit to progress to the quarterfinals.
Juventus find themselves 7 points behind Inter Milan in Serie A. The Old Lady have been very strong at home, winning by 2+ goals in 8 of their last 10 matches at Allianz Stadium.
Juventus reached the Champions League Round of 16 by topping Group G ahead of Barcelona.
Porto drew four consecutive matches in February before a 2-1 home win against Juventus in the UEFA Champions League.
In contrast, Porto crashed out of the Taca de Portugal at the semifinal stage, losing 2-3 (agg 3-4) to 10-man Braga.
Juventus have been solid at home where they have been keeping plenty of clean sheets.
Juventus vs Porto Predictions:
- Juventus have won by 2+ goals in 8 of their last 10 home matches (all competitions).
- Juventus have kept 6 clean sheets in their last 7 home matches (all competitions).
- Juventus’ Ronaldo has scored 4 goals in his last 3 starts (Serie A).
- Juventus’ Ronaldo has scored 4 goals in his last 4 matches (UEFA Champions League).
- Juventus have won their last 3 home matches against Porto (UEFA Champions League).
- Juventus have won to nil in 2 of their last 3 matches against Porto (UEFA Champions League).
- Porto have lost 3 of their last 6 away matches (UEFA Champions League).
- Juventus have a 4-1 advantage against Porto with 1 draw in 6 matches.
Juventus and Porto have faced each other only six times in their history. The first match was the 1983-84 UEFA Cup Winners’ Cup final in Basel, which Juventus won 2-1.
Juventus won four of their six games, with Porto’s 2-1 win in February being the first time the Portuguese side have defeated the Old Lady.
The Dragoes have a terrible record in Italy, losing eight and drawing three of their 15 games.
Juventus have been quite formidable at home this season and they are unlikely to have their goal breached by FC Porto on Tuesday.
If there is any defensive unit that can keep Porto’s powerful front duo buttoned down, it would be the Bianconeri’s, as they are specialists at shut-outs – seemingly no matter which personnel plays.
Juventus have been very strong at home and can beat Porto to nil and advance to the quarter-finals.
Our Prediction: Juventus to win @ 1.49
Source: BetInAsia Black