The UEFA Champions League is back with an exciting fixture this week as Barcelona host Paris Saint-Germain in a round-of-16 clash at the Parc des Princes on Wednesday.
Both continental giants warmed up for this game with comfortable victories domestically at the weekend, as Barcelona overcame Osasuna 2-0 in La Liga while PSG cruised past Brest 3-0 in the Coupe de France.
Paris Saint-Germain have won 12 of their last 14 matches in all competitions. They beat Barcelona 4-1 at Camp Nou before a 2-0 home defeat to Monaco in Ligue 1.
Barcelona have won 10 of their last 11 matches in La Liga to get back into title contention.
The stats Paris Saint-Germain vs. Barcelona:
- PSG have won 12 of their last 14 matches (all competitions).
- PSG have seen over 3.5 goals in their last 3 matches (UEFA Champions League).
- PSG have seen BTTS in 4 of their last 5 matches (UEFA Champions League).
- PSG’s Kylian Mbappe has scored 7 goals in his last 4 matches (all competitions).
- Barcelona have seen BTTS in 9 of their last 12 matches against PSG (all competitions).
- Barcelona have seen over 3.5 goals in 7 of their last 8 matches against PSG (UEFA Champions League).
- Barcelona have won 10 of their last 11 matches (La Liga).
- Barcelona have seen over 3.5 goals in 5 of their last 9 matches (UEFA Champions League).
- Barcelona’s Lionel Messi has scored 7 goals in his last 7 matches (all competitions).
This will be the first Champions League meeting between PSG and Barcelona at the Parc des Princes since February 2017, when the home side won 4-0 – PSG’s biggest margin of victory in a home knockout game in the Champions League and Barcelona’s joint-heaviest defeat in an away knockout match.
PSG have scored at least once in each of their last 22 Champions League games at the Parc des Princes (61 goals). The last team to keep a clean sheet away at PSG in the competition was Real Madrid (0-0 in October 2015).
Barcelona are yet to concede a goal away from home in the Champions League this season (three games).
Barcelona have a 5-4 advantage against Paris Saint-Germain with 3 draws in 12 matches.
Barcelona have a marginal advantage over Paris Saint-Germain as far as the head-to-head record is concerned and have won four out of nine matches played between the two teams. Paris Saint-Germain have managed three victories against Barcelona and have troubled their Catalan opponents in recent years.
The first leg took place last month and ended in an emphatic 4-1 victory for Paris Saint-Germain at the Camp Nou.
Barcelona’s defensive solidity is all well and good, but unless the visitors go for goals in this game, they will exit the Champions League with a whimper.
A repeat of the 2016-17 comeback is surely nothing more than a pipe dream for La Blaugrana, who should avoid another thumping, but we cannot see PSG throwing it away now and expect the French champions to advance after a thrilling draw on Wednesday.
Our Prediction: Draw @ 4.04
Source: BetInAsia Black