Everton are set to play host to Crystal Palace at Goodison Park on Monday for their latest English Premier League fixture.
Everton will aim to keep their fleeting hopes of a top-four finish alive when they welcome Crystal Palace for Monday’s Premier League encounter.
Everton come into this game in 8th place but they have 2 extra games to play on their rivals and could in theory be in 4th place with these converted as wins.
Everton come into this game on the back of a 2-0 loss to Pep Guardiola’s Manchester City at Goodison Park in the quarter-finals of the FA Cup.
Everton have lost three in a row after defeats to Chelsea, Burnley and Manchester City.
Crystal Palace, on the other hand, have lost just one of their last five matches following a 1-0 win over West Brom before the international break.
Everton vs Crystal Palace prediction:
- Everton have seen under 2.5 goals in 5 of their last 6 matches (Premier League).
- Everton are unbeaten in their last 12 matches against Crystal Palace (Premier League).
- Everton have won their last 2 matches against Crystal Palace (Premier League).
- Everton have won their last 3 home matches against Crystal Palace (Premier League).
- Everton have lost seven of their past 11 Premier League home fixtures.
- Crystal Palace have seen under 2.5 goals in 3 of their last 4 matches (Premier League).
In 15 head-to-head encounters between the two sides, Everton hold the clear advantage. They have won six games, lost two and drawn seven.
The two clubs last faced each other last year in the English Premier League with Everton beating Crystal Palace 2-1.
Last season Everton won this fixture 3-1.
Crystal Palace have not won away against Everton since 2014.
Everton’s form has not been the best and they have lost their last 2 games.
Crystal Palace are in 12th place and with 37 points they will be safe this season and are 11 points above the relegation zone. Form is quite good for the Eagles who have lost just 1 game in their past five.
Everton have a good recent record against Palace and they should win this game.
Everton are 8th in the Premier League table, and have lost their last two league games. They are currently two points behind 6th-placed Tottenham Hotspur.
Palace are not exactly renowned for any sort of defensive solidity on the road, while Everton’s recent home form is nothing to write home about either.
Everton should have enough to emerge victorious here.
Our Prediction: Everton @ 1.87