Chelsea vs West Bromwich Albion: prediction, preview, team news
Chelsea return to Premier League action on Saturday as they face off against West Bromwich Albion at Stamford Bridge.
Chelsea have been in great form since Thomas Tuchel took over in January. The London club are fourth in the Premier League and chasing second spot.
The Blues entered the international break off the back of a 2-0 win over Sheffield United in the FA Cup, while West Brom, who remain rooted inside the relegation zone, suffered a 1-0 defeat at Crystal Palace in the league last time out.
The Blues have progressed to the last eight of the Champions League and the semi-finals of the FA Cup.
The Blues are undefeated in their last 15 matches, kept 12 clean sheets in their last 14 matches and won to nil in five of their last six at home.
West Brom are staring at the cusp of relegation as they are 10 points adrift of safety. They have only won one out of their last five Premier League matches and are without a victory in their last seven meetings with Chelsea.
They possess the worst record in London by a team from outside the capital, having won just seven out of 70 matches.
Chelsea vs West Brom predictions:
- Chelsea have won 2-0 in 5 of their last 6 home matches (all competitions).
- Chelsea have seen under 2.5 goals in their last 10 matches (all competitions).
- Chelsea have kept 7 clean sheets in their last 7 home matches (all competitions).
- Chelsea have kept 12 clean sheets in their last 14 matches (all competitions).
- Chelsea have won to nil in 4 of their last 5 matches against West Brom (Premier League).
- West Brom have lost 2 of their last 3 matches (Premier League).
- West Brom have lost 4 of their last 5 away matches (Premier League).
- West Brom have failed to score in their last 3 matches (Premier League).
Chelsea have a 62-42 advantage against West Brom with 36 draws in 140 matches.
Chelsea have won 62 and lost 42 games against West Brom. A total of 36 matches between the two have ended as draws.
Chelsea have won to nil in four of the last five encounters.
West Brom are winless in their last 15 away Premier League fixtures at Chelsea, with their last triumph coming in 1978.
West Brom have not conceded more than once in a league match since the start of February, and we are not expecting a heavy home victory on Saturday. This match will see Chelsea do most of the job.
The Blues should have more than enough to pick up all three points, though, with Tuchel looking for his side to cement their spot in the top four.
Chelsea are extremely strong defensively and West Brom have problems scoring goals. There should be only one winner at Stamford Bridge.
Our Prediction: Chelsea to win @ 1.24