Crystal Palace vs West Brom – Bore draw tipped at Selhurst Park
West Bromwich Albion will continue their battle for Premier League survival with a trip to Selhurst Park to face Crystal Palace on Saturday afternoon.
The Baggies are currently 19th in the table, eight points from the safety of 17th position, while Palace occupy 13th spot, eight points clear of the relegation zone.
Palace’s three game unbeaten streak in the Premier League ended last weekend as Tottenham comfortably beat the Eagles 4-1, with the result leaving them in 13th spot in the table on 34 points.
Palace are now winless in three Premier League matches and have won once in their last six.
Palace might still be looking up the division rather than down, as just four points separates them from 10th-placed Arsenal.
West Brom recorded their third draw in five matches last weekend as they played out a 0-0 draw against relegation rivals Newcastle.
West Brom have now lost once in their last five games, a 1-0 defeat to Everton two weeks ago, but they remain eight points from safety in 19th.
West Brom’s away record in the Premier League this season has been disappointing, picking up just seven points from 13 matches, while they have lost four of their last five matches with Palace in all competitions, including a 2-0 defeat at Selhurst Park on their last visit in May 2018.
Crystal Palace vs West Brom Predictions:
- Crystal Palace have drawn their last 2 home matches.
- Crystal Palace have seen under 1.5 goals scored in 3 of their last 4 home matches (Premier League).
- Crystal Palace have failed to score in their last 3 home matches (Premier League).
- Crystal Palace have scored 30 league goals this season, only one short of their final total in 2019-20.
- Their only win in six matches came at Brighton last month.
- West Brom have lost 1 of their last 5 matches (Premier League).
- West Brom have drawn 3 of their last 5 matches (Premier League).
- West Brom have seen under 1.5 goals in their last 4 matches (Premier League).
- West Brom are winless in their last 4 away matches.
Roy Hodgson won 18 and lost 19 of his 50 Premier League games as West Brom manager, finishing 10th in his only full season in charge in 2011-12.
West Brom are vying to become only the second team with as few as 18 points after 28 Premier League matches to avoid relegation. Portsmouth did so in 2005-06.
The two sides have met 60 times and West Brom have a 24-21 advantage over Palace, with 15 games drawn.
In the reverse fixture at the Hawthorns, Palace recorded a 5-1 win over West Brom, the Eagles’ biggest win of the season.
West Brom are winless in five meetings in all competitions since a 1-0 Premier League triumph at Selhurst Park in August 2016.
Crystal Palace are looking to complete their first top-flight double over West Brom.
West Brom have drawn three of their last five Premier League matches and desperately need a win to boost their chances of survival and Palace have drawn their last two games at Selhurst Park.
Recent points from these two teams have been earned from a solid defence and neither score with regularity. Palace and West Brom have been involved with a few 0-0 draws recently and this is likely to play out this weekend.
Our Predictions: Draw @ 3.20
Source: BetInAsia Black