Wolverhampton Wanderers vs Liverpool: prediction, preview and team news
Liverpool will be looking to get their Premier League top-four hopes back on track when they face Wolverhampton Wanderers at Molineux on Monday night.
Both teams have had their troubles this season and need a victory in this fixture.
The champions have plummeted down to eighth in the table, just eight points clear of their opponents following a recent improvement from Wolves.
Liverpool ended a six-game losing run at home when beating RB Leipzig 2-0 to progress in the UEFA Champions League.
Wolverhampton Wanderers are currently in 13th place in the Premier League standings and are yet to hit their stride this season.
Wolves win just 9 of their 28 Premier League games till date. Wolves have gone three games without a win after a 0-0 bore draw with Aston Villa last weekend.
Wolves vs Liverpool predictions:
- Wolves have seen under 2.5 goals in 5 of their last 7 matches (all competitions).
- Wolves have only once managed consecutive Premier League home wins since the beginning of last season – in July 2020 against Everton and Crystal Palace.
- Wolves have opened the scoring in just one of their past 18 league matches.
- Wolves have lost eight league matches in a row against Liverpool.
- Liverpool have won their last 8 matches against Wolves (Premier League).
- Liverpool have won 4 of their last 5 away matches (all competitions).
- Liverpool have seen under 2.5 goals in their last 6 matches (all competitions).
- Diogo Jota scored 33 goals in 111 league appearances for Wolves before joining Liverpool last year.
- Liverpool have the worst record in the Premier League since the start of February, earning three points from seven games.
This is the 100th league meeting, all of them in the top flight. Liverpool lead by 52 wins to Wolves’ 30. There have also been 17 draws in that time.
Wolves have lost eight league matches in a row against Liverpool, one short of their longest top-flight losing streak versus an opponent: nine against Manchester City from 1902-33.
The reverse fixture between the two teams took place in December last year and ended in a comfortable 4-0 victory for Liverpool. Wolves only scored four goals in those 13 games.
Wolves have twice beaten Jurgen Klopp’s side in the FA Cup: at Anfield in January 2017 and at Molineux two years later.
Liverpool have struggled to revive their season so far and will have to work hard to qualify for European football this year. Jurgen Klopp has not managed to get the best out of his charges this season and has plenty of work to do ahead of this fixture.
Wolves have also been disappointing this season and cannot afford another slip-up this weekend. Liverpool will take plenty of heart from the Champions League performance this week and hold a slight edge going into this match.
Our Prediction: Liverpool to win @ 1.69
Source: BetInAsia Black