Crystal Palace welcome Manchester United to Selhurst Park on Wednesday night looking to pull off a league double over the 20-time champions for the first time ever.
The Red Devils are second in the Premier League, 12 points behind leaders Manchester City.
Man United are in good form, losing just one of their last 15 in all competitions and going unbeaten in their last 20 away matches in all competitions.
They have drawn three of their last five league games, which has stunted their progress in the chase of their city rivals.
In their last game, United drew 0-0 with Chelsea at Stamford Bridge. They came out of that game with a sense of injustice though.
Crystal Palace have been up and down of late with three wins, three losses and a draw in their last seven games. They are 13th in the Premier League standings, with 33 points from 26 games played and currently they have 10 points more than Fulham, who are in 18th position. Palace also played out a goalless draw at the weekend against Fulham at Selhurst Park.
Match facts Crystal Palace vs Manchester United:
- Crystal Palace have failed to score in 3 of their last 4 games (Premier League).
- Crystal Palace have won two of their last three games against Manchester United.
- Crystal Palace’s tally of 33 points is their highest after 26 matches of a top-flight season since 1991-92, when they had 36.
- Man United have won their last 4 away matches against Crystal Palace (all competitions).
- Man United are undefeated in their last 20 away matches (Premier League).
- Man United have 4 clean sheets in their last 6 matches (all competitions).
- They have scored 31 second-half goals in the Premier League, more than any other team.
- Manchester United have played out five goalless draws this season, the only campaigns they have had more are 2004/05 and 2016/17 (six each).
- Crystal Palace are winless in 12 home league games against Manchester United since 1991.
United have won 38 of the 58 games that they have played against Palace so far, tasting defeat only nine times in that period.
Crystal Palace won 3-1 in the reverse fixture at Old Trafford in what was an awful start for the Red Devils. That was United’s first game of the season.
Only four clubs in English top-flight history have had a longer unbeaten run on the road than Manchester United’s current 20-game streak (W13 D7). The Red Devils have not lost any of their last seven league games in London (W4 D3), last having a longer run without defeat in the capital between December 2011 and December 2013 (13 games).
Man United will be favourites to go into that run off the back of a win as they travel to Selhurst Park unbeaten in their last seven visits to London and without defeat in their last 20 away league matches – a run which stretches back more than a year and one which has only been bettered four times in English top-flight history.
The 20-time champions have also never lost in 11 previous Premier League away games against Crystal Palace – the longest run of its kind ever seen in the competition – although Palace have won two of the last three league meetings home and away, which is as many wins as they had managed in their previous 27.
Manchester United’s unbeaten record on the road is hugely impressive and we can see it extending here, although four of their last five away games have ended all square, while they have only scored three goals in that time.
Our Prediction: Man United to win @ 1.45
Source: BetInAsia Black