Manchester City host Wolves on Tuesday as Pep Guardiola’s side look to continue their march to the Premier League title.
Manchester City will be looking to move 15 points clear at the top of the Premier League table when they welcome Wolverhampton Wanderers to Molineux on Tuesday night.
The Citizens have been in incredible form, winning their last 20 games across all competitions. The Citizens, who have won their last 20 games, will enter the contest off the back of a 2-1 win over West Ham United.
Wolves, on the other hand, have been very inconsistent this season and currently lie 12th in the Premier League. They played out a 1-1 draw with Newcastle United on Saturday evening.
A 2-1 win at home to West Ham on Saturday made it 20 successive victories in all competitions for Man City. The win extended City’s unbeaten run in the Premier League to 18 matches, with 16 of them wins and just four points dropped in that period.
Wolves concluded an unbeaten February in the Premier League with a fifth game without defeat on Saturday against Newcastle.
Predictions Manchester City vs Wolves:
- Man City have won 20 consecutive matches (all competitions).
- Man City have won to nil in 7 of their last 8 home matches (all competitions).
- Man City have scored 2+ goals in 7 of their last 8 matches (all competitions).
- City are just one short of the club record unbeaten run of 28 games in all competitions.
- Wolves have failed to score in 2 of their last 3 away matches against Man City (all competitions).
- Wolves have triumphed in just one of their last eight Premier League away matches.
- The reverse fixture had ended in a 1-3 win for the Citizens.
- They had scored two or more goals in seven of the former eleven clashes.
- The guests have won just once at this venue since 1999.
Manchester City are one of just three teams in the top five European leagues to record a run of 20 or more consecutive victories, after Bayern Munich (23 in 2020) and Real Madrid (22 in 2014).
Pep Guardiola has now won 200 of his 273 games as City manager. He has reached the landmark in fewer matches than any other manager of an English top-flight side.
Wolves have not beaten the league leaders in a top-flight away game since a 1-0 triumph at Liverpool in 1984. They have claimed 20 points from losing positions – only Manchester United have a better record.
Wolves have struggled on their travels this season, while finding the back of the net has been a problem, managing just 27 goals in their 26 matches, which is the same as Newcastle.
The recent head-to-head meetings between the two sides have been split evenly. Both sides have two wins out of their last five Premier League clashes against each other.
Manchester City did however come away as 3-1 winners in the reverse fixture earlier this season.
It’s hard to see Wolves coming away with anything on Tuesday. Pep Guardiola’s side look unstoppable at the moment and should be able to easily deal with anything that Wolves throw at them.
Our prediction: win for Manchester City @ 1.22
Source: BetInAsia Black