Arsenal vs Liverpool: Gunners and Reds to share spoils
Following a thrilling 3-3 draw with West Ham United, Arsenal will be looking to return to winning ways in the Premier League when they face Liverpool on Saturday at their Emirates Stadium.
The Gunners have been scoring goals for fun in the English top flight, and they are likely to stick to their attacking style of play against Liverpool.
The Gunners have won this trophy 15 times – second only to Manchester United and level with Liverpool’s tally as well. Their most recent success was in 2017, while Liverpool haven’t won since 2006.
The Reds, on the other hand, aim to keep their Champions League hopes alive.
While Arsenal are still involved in the Europa League, facing Slavia Prague in the quarter-finals, Liverpool have a Champions League date with Real Madrid to look forward to.
- Arsenal is unbeaten for 4 matches.
- Arsenal has scored at least one goal in the last 4 matches.
- Liverpool has won the last 2 away matches.
- Liverpool has scored at least one goal in the last 5 away matches.
- Arsenal’s last ten competitive games have seen a total of 25 goals scored and Liverpool’s nine outings since the restart saw 31 goals scored.
- Eight of the last ten meetings between Arsenal and Liverpool have seen four or more goals scored.
- These ten meetings have averaged a massive 5.2 goals per game.
- Arsenal have lost just six competitive games since Mikel Arteta arrived in December.
- Liverpool failed to win four of their nine matches since the restart.
In recent years, despite not performing well and witnessing the rise of Liverpool, Arsenal has always had a good record when meeting Liverpool. Specifically, in the last 5 times the two teams met, each team got 1 victory.
The last ten head-to-head meetings have averaged an incredible 5.2 goals per game, including an absurd 5-5 thriller in last season’s Carabao Cup.
Eight of these ten meetings have yielded at least four goals, and with three of Liverpool’s last five games last season also seeing four or more goals.
Over 2.5 goals have been netted in each of the previous four meetings between the two clubs in the Premier League.
Three of the last six meetings have ended all square.
At his home field, Arsenal also only got 1 victory and must also receive 1 defeat in the last 5 times to welcome the opponent. In this match, despite having good form and home advantage, it is probably quite difficult to win against Liverpool when Liverpool played very well away from home last time.
Liverpool are clearly the stronger team after their complete domination of the Premier League last season. Arsenal have lost just six competitive games since Arteta took the reins and they ended the extended campaign with four wins from five in all competitions.
Arsenal and Liverpool are going nearly equal strong into this match. The result at the end of the game seems to be completely open. We see a small advantage for the home team but we cover the bet with a draw to keep the risk as low as possible.
Our prediction: Draw @ 3.64