Brighton & Hove Albion vs Aston Villa: prediction, preview, team news
Aston Villa will be looking to continue their push towards the European positions in the Premier League table when they travel to the Amex on Saturday to take on Brighton & Hove Albion.
The visitors are currently ninth in the division, four points behind sixth-placed West Ham United with two games in hand over the Hammers, while Brighton’s recent form has allowed them to move away from danger and into 15th position, now 10 points clear of the relegation zone.
Graham Potter’s Brighton played some impressive football against Leicester City in the fifth round of the FA Cup.
Brighton have been playing some really good football of late and were on a six-game undefeated streak before their loss last night. That run included back-to-back wins against Tottenham Hotspur and Liverpool.
Their Saturday opponents Aston Villa are better rested after defeating Arsenal 1-0 last weekend.
Aston Villa have been pretty on and off of late but they will take inspiration from the resolve they showed against the Gunners after going ahead in the second minute of the game and then knuckling down to keep the opposition at bay for the rest of the ninety.
Brighton are currently 15th on the table with 25 points from 23 games. Aston Villa have 35 points from 21 games and can climb up the table if they can win both their games in hand.
Brighton & Hove Albion vs Aston Villa predictions:
- Both teams have scored in each of the last four meetings between Brighton and Aston Villa.
- Brighton are unbeaten in five Premier League fixtures.
- Aston Villa have scored at least once in eight of their last 10 league games.
- Brighton have scored exactly one goal in four of their last five matches.
- A Brighton win on Saturday would give them 28 points.
- They can remain unbeaten in six successive top-flight fixtures for the first time since a club record run of eight from October to November 1981.
- Villa have earned 11 Premier League wins in a season for the first time in a decade.
- They have kept 10 clean sheets in those 11 victories.
In 26 meetings between the two sides, Aston Villa have been the dominant. They have won 13 matches and have lost just five. Eight matches have ended in draws. The last time these two sides clashed was in the first half of the season and Brighton & Hove Albion won 2-1 at Villa Park.
Brighton are attempting to complete a league double over Aston Villa for the first time.
Brighton & Hove Albion have looked a far better team in the recent past than their position on the Premier League table would have you believe.
Brighton lost to Leicester in the FA Cup in midweek but they keep rolling along nicely in the league, picking up another point against Burnley last weekend.
Aston Villa have been a little inconsistent with their results but they are quite a proposition when they’re on song.
Aston Villa are a bit up and down of late, because they have gone win-loss-win-loss-win in their past five games.
We expect Brighton & Hove Albion to come out hungry for all three points and blunt the threat that Villa possess.
Our Prediction: Brighton & Hove Albion @ 2.84
Source: BetInAsia Black