Chelsea are back in action with one of the most important games of their season this weekend as they take on Leicester City in the FA Cup final at Wembley. Both teams have been impressive this year and will be intent on lifting the coveted trophy on Saturday.
Chelsea are one of the form teams in Europe and have beaten Real Madrid and Manchester City in recent weeks. The Blues are on fire under Thomas Tuchel and should be too good for Leicester in the FA Cup final.
Chelsea have won three of their last four matches in all competitions. They are fighting hard for a top four spot in the Premier League and have reached two Cup finals.
Leicester have seen some mixed results in recent weeks. They sit third in the Premier League and are only four points away from securing qualification to the UEFA Champions League this year.
The Foxes won 1-0 against Southampton in the FA Cup before two home wins in the Premier League. Leicester won 3-0 against West Brom and 2-1 against Crystal Palace.
Chelsea vs Leicester Predictions:
- Chelsea have won 3 of their last 4 matches (all competitions).
- Chelsea have seen under 2.5 goals in 8 of their last 9 matches (all competitions).
- Chelsea have kept 5 clean sheets in their last 8 matches (all competitions).
- Chelsea have seen under 2.5 goals in 7 of their last 8 matches against Leicester (all competitions).
- Chelsea have lost only three of their last 26 matches in all competitions.
- Chelsea have kept 18 clean sheets in their last 26 matches.
- Leicester have failed to keep a clean sheet in their last 4 matches (all competitions).
- Leicester have won only three of their last eight games away from the King Power Stadium.
- Leicester have only won four of their 15 games at Wembley.
- Six of the last eight meetings between Chelsea and Leicester produced under 2.5 goals.
Chelsea have reached the FA Cup final for the fourth time in five seasons. They beat Manchester United in 2018 but lost to Arsenal in both 2017 and 2020.
This is Chelsea’s 15th FA Cup final and they’ve won the competition eight times. Only Arsenal and Manchester United can better those two tallies.
Thomas Tuchel will become the first German manager to lead his side out for an FA Cup final, with the Blues still yet to concede a goal under him in this season’s competition.
Leicester have equalled the club record of five consecutive FA Cup victories, set from January to April 1963.
This is the second time Leicester and Chelsea have met in a domestic cup final. The Blues won 3-2 on aggregate in the 1964-65 League Cup final.
Chelsea have a good record against Leicester City and have won 57 games out of a total of 118 matches played between the two teams. Leicester City have managed only 27 victories against Chelsea and need to improve their record against the London giants.
Chelsea have a 57-27 advantage against Leicester with 34 draws in 118 matches.
The previous meeting between the two English sides took place in the Premier League earlier this year and ended in a 2-0 victory for Leicester City. Thomas Tuchel has never faced the Foxes and will want to make a statement this weekend.
Leicester City are the Premier League’s giant-killers and will back themselves to stun Tuchel’s side on Saturday. Chelsea hold a slight edge at the moment, and are likely to lift their first trophy of the season this weekend.
Chelsea have a superior squad and are in better form than Leicester. Take the Blues to win the FA Cup on Saturday.
Our prediction: Chelsea win @ 1.95