Chelsea will face an acid test on Saturday in the Premier League when they square off against Leeds United at Stamford Bridge.
A changed Chelsea side put four past Sevilla in the Champions League on Wednesday, and confidence is high in the Blues ranks at the moment.
Leeds United, on the other hand, were impressive in their 1-0 win against Everton in their previous league outing.
The Whites thoroughly dominated Arsenal before their win against Everton, and will head into the clash against Chelsea believing they can get all three points.
Reason for Chelsea vs Leeds United predictions:
- Chelsea have won seven of their last eight games in all competitions.
- Leeds have lost 4-1 in two of their last four Premier League games.
- Chelsea have scored exactly four in four of their last 12 matches in all competitions.
- Leeds have won just one of their last 21 away league games against London sides (D6 L14), beating QPR 3-1 in December 2017.
- Only Tottenham (9) are on a longer current unbeaten run in the Premier League than Chelsea (8), while no side has kept more clean sheets than the Blues in the division this term (5).
- Leeds have won three of their five Premier League away games this season (L2), as many as they had in the whole of their previous campaign in 2003/04 (W3 D2 L14).
The two teams last faced off in the EFL Cup in 2010, a game that Chelsea comfortably won 5-1. Leeds United last beat Chelsea way back in 2002, and the fans will hope Bielsa’s side can end the long wait for a win against the Pensioners.
Chelsea have been the more consistent of the two teams this season, and their last defeat came in October against Liverpool.
Since then, Lampard’s side have been one of the most consistent teams in the league, and are just two points off the top of the Premier League table. The Blues have drawn two of their last five Premier League games, both ending in 0-0 stalemates.
Leeds have won just two of their last five games, but have kept two clean sheets in their last two games.
The Blues will certainly be firm favourites, having won seven of their last eight matches across all competitions and not lost inside 90 minutes since September – a run which now stretches to 15 games.
Leeds have proven themselves more than capable of breaching the best defences in the league already this season, but Chelsea have only ever lost three home matches against promoted opposition in the Premier League era, winning an unrivalled 68 of their 83 such contests.
Chelsea have done really well this season, but the game against Leeds United will test their resolve. Not many teams press Chelsea because of the Blues’ counter-attacking threat and pace up front.
On the opposite end, though, Chelsea should get plenty of opportunities to find the back of the net. On the opposite end, the west Londoners ought to do enough to keep another clean sheet.
Expect an end-to-end game when the two face off on Saturday, and possibly a goal-scoring draw.
Our Prediction: Chelsea (Half Time Result) @ 2.05