West Ham United vs. Manchester United – prediction & team news
Premier League fans will return for the first time since March when West Ham United host Manchester United at the London Stadium on Saturday afternoon.
Manchester United will look to make it nine Premier League away wins in a row when they travel to the London Stadium to face West Ham United.
Up to 2,000 supporters will be permitted to attend a fascinating contest between two sides separated by four places but just one point in the Premier League table.
West Ham are on a roll, recovering from a poor start to the Premier League campaign, and could end this weekend as high as third if they win and results elsewhere also fall in their favour.
United, meanwhile, were beaten by PSG in the Champions League in midweek, but had picked up a confidence-boosting win in the Premier League last weekend thanks to a terrific comeback from 2-0 down against Southampton.
The Hammers are the team with the most improved home form since lockdown, winning five of their last 10 such top-flight matches compared to only two of 10 beforehand, while Manchester United boast the most improved away form since lockdown – eight wins in nine compared to only three wins beforehand.
- Manchester United have won just once on their last five Premier League visits to face West Ham United.
- West Ham United have scored in their last nine Premier League games after a drab season-opening 2-0 defeat to Newcastle.
- West Ham United have kept clean sheets in two of their last three Premier League fixtures.
- Manchester United have already set a new club record in their last away win over Southampton, having won 8 consecutive Premier League games on the road.
- Bruno Fernandes has scored 7 times and provided 3 assists in a total of 9 Premier League appearances in the 2020/21 campaign.
- West Ham have scored in each of their last 12 competitive matches.
- West Ham have only lost one of their last eight league games.
- Manchester United have kept just two clean sheets in the top flight this season.
Manchester United have won just three of the past 11 league meetings.
The Hammers could beat United for a third successive home league game, which they haven’t achieved since a run of four victories between 1974-77.
This will be only the fourth Premier League fixture between the clubs with West Ham starting above United in the table.
West Ham are on a great run and are looking for their fourth straight win.
United come into this game on the back of that loss against Paris Saint-Germain and with their Champions League hopes still hanging in the balance.
The Hammers, meanwhile, have scored in each of their last 12 competitive games. Backing both teams to score is the preference here, and with just one defeat in their last eight top flight games we think West Ham could take something from this match as well. Moyes’s side have already drawn against Spurs and Manchester City, so a 2-2 correct score prediction appeals.
Our Prediction: Draw 2-2 @ 14/1