Chelsea will welcome Brighton & Hove Albion to Stamford Bridge on Tuesday evening knowing that a victory would see them move into the top four in the Premier League table.
Chelsea are in fine form under Thomas Tuchel and keeping plenty of clean sheets.
The Blues are currently fifth in England’s top flight, a point behind fourth-placed West Ham United.
The Blues have a chance of breaking into the last Champions League spot if they beat Brighton. Following impressive progress in the UCL and FA Cup, there’s no reason why they would not fancy themselves thrashing the Seagulls.
Brighton are presently in 16th place, with two wins from their last five matches.
Brighton are six points above the relegation zone after winning two of their last 10 Premier League matches.
Not much has gone their way against Chelsea, as they have lost 12 and drawn two of their previous 14 matches.
Chelsea vs Brighton Predictions:
- Chelsea have won 5 of their last 7 matches (all competitions).
- Chelsea have kept 14 clean sheets in their last 19 matches (all competitions).
- Chelsea have won 13 of their last 14 matches against Brighton (all competitions).
- Chelsea have won by 2+ goals in their last 4 home matches against Brighton (all competitions).
- Chelsea have won to nil in their last 6 home matches against Brighton (all competitions).
- Brighton have lost 3 of their last 4 away matches (all competitions).
- Brighton have failed to score in 2 of their last 4 away matches (all competitions).
- The Blues have won all six competitive home fixtures against Albion, scoring 14 goals without reply.
- Brighton have only won two of their last nine Premier League matches.
- Brighton have kept 10 clean sheets in the Premier League this season, seven of them since the turn of the year.
Chelsea have a 12-1 advantage against Brighton with 2 draws in 15 matches.
Chelsea have only lost once to the Seagulls, back in 1933. Since then, the Londoners have completely dominated whenever these two teams have met.
Chelsea have only won seven of their 15 home league games this term but have an excellent record against Brighton, winning 12 of their 14 fixtures versus the Seagulls in all competitions.
Brighton, on the other hand, will enter this match off the back of a goalless draw with Everton on April 12, which moved them onto 33 points from 31 matches.
Chelsea will establish control of this game despite most of their players not being at their best physically. Chelsea are coming off a huge win against Man City in the FA Cup. The Blues should be too good for Brighton and win to nil at Stamford Bridge.
Our prediction: Chelsea Win @ 1.63