Leeds United vs Liverpool: prediction, preview, team news / Premier League 2020-21
Liverpool are set to travel to Elland Road to take on Leeds United in the Premier League on Monday.
Leeds United and Liverpool will both be out to secure their fourth consecutive wins in the Premier League when the two historic English sides renew hostilities on Monday night.
The Whites secured a memorable 2-1 win at champions-elect Manchester City last time out, whereas Liverpool head into Monday’s game having just been eliminated from the Champions League.
The Reds are pressing for a place in the Champions League and a win on Monday would see them go level on points with fourth-placed West Ham. Earlier on Saturday, the Hammers lost 3-2 at Newcastle.
Liverpool will surely fancy their chances against Leeds as they are on a run of three consecutive league wins.
The Peacocks are on a surreal late-season streak too, having won their last three outings just like their opponents.
A win against two of the biggest English teams in as many weeks would be a huge boost for the club.
- Leeds United have won just one of their last 11 home games against Liverpool in all competitions.
- Leeds have conceded 52 goals in their 25 Premier League games against Liverpool, more than they have versus any other side in the competition.
- Leeds have won each of their last three Premier League matches.
- Leeds are aiming to win four top-flight games in a row within the same season for the first time since April 2001.
- Liverpool have won five of their last six away Premier League games, more than they had in their previous 15 on the road.
- Liverpool have won three consecutive league games for just the second time this season.
- This is the first time Liverpool have lost as many as 10 competitive fixtures in a single calendar year before the end of April since 1954.
- Only two of their 16 Premier League goals in 2021 were scored in the first half, and both of those came in stoppage time after 45 minutes.
- Liverpool are one short of becoming the first club to record 50 top-flight victories against Leeds.
Liverpool have a stellar record against the Whites, with 60 wins to their credit. A total of 30 games between the teams have ended as draws, while 28 have gone in favor of Leeds.
The Reds have lost just one of their last 11 visits to Elland Road, with that run comprising of an impressive seven wins.
This is expected to be an end-to-end game, with both teams pushing forward with a fearless approach.
The quality of the delivery from Liverpool’s full-backs could break open a Leeds side that may be struggle to defend crosses. The Reds should continue their merry turnaround of form.
Leeds have nothing to lose on Monday, they can see the fixture as a free hit. That makes them vulnerable to one of the best counter-attacking teams in the world and Salah and co can punish them at the other end.
Leeds can be forgiven for viewing the visit of Liverpool as another winnable tie given their exploits at the Etihad. The possible absence of Raphinha would be a killer blow to the hosts’ attacking prowess, and while the Whites should still have enough about them to find the back of the net, we still expect Klopp’s men to right the wrongs of midweek and secure a vital three points.
Our prediction: Liverpool win @ 1.71