The Premier League is back in action with another round of matches this week as Aston Villa lock horns with Manchester City at Villa Park on Wednesday.
Manchester City have been impressive this season and are the favourites to win this game.
The Villans, meanwhile, can move back into the top half of the table by gaining a positive result.
Aston Villa have regularly punched above their weight this season and find themselves in 11th place in the Premier League standings. The home side suffered a 2-1 defeat against Liverpool last week and will want to bounce back in this match.
Manchester City, on the other hand, are leading the Premier League title race at the moment and will have to win this game to move a step closer to glory.
The Cityzens crashed out of the FA Cup over the weekend and cannot afford another defeat on Wednesday.
Aston Villa vs Manchester City predictions:
- Aston Villa have failed to score in 2 of their last 3 home matches (Premier League).
- Aston Villa have lost their last 6 matches against Man City (all competitions).
- Aston Villa have failed to score in 5 of their last 7 matches against Man City (all competitions).
- Aston Villa have lost eight of their past 10 league games against the league leaders.
- Aston Villa have dropped points in seven of their last 12 league assignments.
- They have earned 24 points in away games this season, compared to 20 at home.
- Man City have scored 2+ goals in their last 6 matches against Aston Villa (all competitions).
- Man City have won 28 of their last 31 matches (all competitions).
- Man City have won their last 16 away matches not played on neutral ground (all competitions).
- Man City have covered a -1 handicap in 13 of their last 17 away matches (all competitions).
- Man City have scored 2+ in 7 of their last 8 away matches (Premier League).
- Man City have kept a clean sheet in 5 of their last 7 away matches (Premier League).
- Man City have won each of their last eight matches in all competitions.
- They lost their previous league match, against Leeds, but haven’t suffered consecutive defeats since December 2018.
Manchester City hold a 76-57 head to head advantage over Aston Villa, with 41 draws between the two sides.
Manchester City have an excellent record against Aston Villa and have won 76 matches out of a total of 174 games played between the two teams. Aston Villa have managed 57 victories against Manchester City and will need to step up to the plate in this match.
Manchester City have won the last six meetings, including a 2-1 League Cup Final victory last season and a 2-0 win in the reserve fixture this season in January.
The previous meeting between the two teams took place earlier this year and ended in a 2-0 victory for Manchester City. Aston Villa were well below their best on the day and will need to take it up a notch in this fixture.
Manchester City have enjoyed an excellent campaign so far but have faced a few issues in the Premier League in recent weeks. The Cityzens’ lead at the top of the league table has been trimmed to eight points and Guardiola will have to be wary of his opponents in this match.
Aston Villa have struggled with injuries in recent weeks and will have to play out of their skins on Wednesday. Manchester City are the better team at the moment and should be able to win this game.
Our prediction: Manchester City win @ 1.40