Chelsea will be looking to bounce back from Saturday’s loss at Sheffield United when they welcome already-relegated Norwich City to Stamford Bridge on Tuesday night.
The match will be behind closed doors at Stamford Bridge with no fans due to be present due to government guidelines regarding coronavirus.
The Blues lost 3-0 to Chris Wilder’s side at Bramall Lane, while Norwich’s relegation was confirmed on Saturday when they suffered a 4-0 defeat at home to West Ham United.
Chelsea v Norwich Opta stats:
- Chelsea are unbeaten in their last 16 meetings with Norwich in all competitions (W11 D5), since a 0-3 loss in December 1994.
- Chelsea have won their last four Premier League matches at Stamford Bridge, scoring at least two goals in each victory.
- This is the sixth time a side is facing Chelsea in their first Premier League match following relegation – Chelsea have won all previous five, most recently against Cardiff in 2013-14.
- Norwich have lost 24 Premier League games this season – they’ve never lost more in league campaign in their history.
- Norwich are currently on a run of seven consecutive Premier League defeats – they’ve never lost eight consecutive league games in their history.
- Norwich have failed to score in a league-high 17 Premier League games this season, with 11 of these coming away from home (also a league-high).
- Chelsea have won 10 of their 17 Premier League meetings against Norwich, losing four and drawing three.
Chelsea will fancy their chances of picking up a positive result, though, having won each of their last four Premier League games at Stamford Bridge, including victories over Manchester City and Watford since returning to the field following the league’s postponement.
Norwich, meanwhile, will already be thinking about next season, having had their relegation back to the Championship confirmed on Saturday afternoon.
The last time the two sides met, Chelsea won 3-2 at Carrow Road back in August.
Chelsea (Full Time Result) @ 1.12