The Premier League is back in action with another round of matches this weekend as West Ham United lock horns with Burnley at Turf Moor on Monday.
West Ham United have been impressive this season and hold the upper hand going into this game.
Burnley beat Wolves 4-0 away on Sunday, which ended their three-match losing streak in the Premier League.
The win followed consecutive losses to Southampton, Newcastle and Man United. Sean Dyce’s side are 14th and nine points clear of the relegation zone.
Burnley are in 16th place in the Premier League standings at the moment and have not been at their best this season.
West Ham lost 1-0 at home to Chelsea last time out, their second successive Premier League defeat.
The dropped points leave the Hammers in fifth and three points off the Champions League places with five matches remaining.
Burnley have not gone eight games without a home victory since 1971, and they are also aiming to win back-to-back league matches for just the second time this season, but West Ham’s recent dip in form offers them plenty of hope against their fellow Claret outfit.
Burnley vs West Ham Predictions:
- Burnley are winless in 8 of their last 10 matches (Premier League).
- Burnley have drawn 5 of their last 7 home matches (Premier League).
- Burnley have drawn 1-1 in 3 of their last 5 home matches (Premier League).
- Burnley’s Chris Wood has scored 6 goals in his last 6 matches (Premier League).
- Burnley’s Chris Wood has scored 5 goals in his last 6 matches against West Ham (Premier League).
- All three of their league victories in the past 14 games have come away from home.
- West Ham are winless in 3 of their last 5 matches (Premier League).
- West Ham are winless in 5 of their last 6 away matches (all competitions).
- West Ham have lost four of their past eight league matches, as many as in their previous 23.
- West Ham have notched in eight of their last ten league fixtures.
Burnley are winless in their last seven home matches, one short of their club top-flight record set in 1890 and matched in 1924 and 1971.
West Ham have lost consecutive games in the Premier League for the first time since their opening two games of the season. They last lost three in a row in June 2020.
West Ham have a 38-35 advantage over West Ham with 18 matches drawn.
West Ham United have a slight advantage over Burnley and have won 38 games out of a total of 91 matches played between the two teams. Burnley have managed 35 victories against West Ham United and will look to cut the deficit in this fixture.
The previous meeting between the two teams took place earlier this year and ended in a narrow 1-0 victory for West Ham United.
Burnley have won at home to West Ham in each of the past two seasons. They could win three successive Premier League home fixtures versus a single opponent for the first time.
West Ham United have been impressive this season and will be intent on arresting their recent slump this week. The Hammers have excellent players in their ranks and have a point to prove in this match.
Burnley are a tactically robust unit and will take plenty of confidence from their performance against Wolves last weekend. West Ham United are the better team at the moment and should be able to win this game.
Our Prediction: West Ham United win @ 2.46