Tottenham Hotspur are back in Premier League action on Monday night, as they travel to Turf Moor to take on a beleaguered Burnley side, who have endured a rough start to the season.
Spurs threw away a three-goal lead to draw 3-3 with West Ham United in the league last weekend but will fancy their chances of triumphing at Turf Moor due to Burnley’s early-season struggles.
Burnley have just a solitary point from their four Premier League games so far this season. Sean Dyche’s side have conceded eight goals in four games, which is uncharacteristically high for them.
Reason for Burnley vs Tottenham Hotspur Predictions:
- Tottenham have scored three or more goals in six of their last eight competitive games.
- Tottenham are on a nine-match unbeaten run in all competitions and have scored 19 goals in their past four matches.
- Spurs have averaged 4.75 goals per game over the last four fixtures.
- They are only the third club to score more than 10 goals in their opening two away matches of a top-flight season.
- Burnley have conceded three or more goals in two of their last four Premier League matches.
- Burnley’s only win in their past 23 Premier League home fixtures against established top-six opposition came at the expense of Spurs in February 2019.
- This is the third time the Clarets have begun a Premier League campaign without a victory in their opening four games.
- Heung-min Son has scored nine goals in his last six appearances for Tottenham. Son Heung-min won the 2019-20 Premier League Goal of the Season award for his individual effort in Tottenham’s 5-0 win over Burnley last December.
Tottenham Hotspur hold the upper hand in the head-to-head battle against Burnley, having won 48 out of the 117 previous games between these two teams. Burnley have beaten Spurs 41 times, while 28 games have ended in draws.
Burnley have won just two of their 12 Premier League games against Tottenham, at Turf Moor in 2009-10 and 2018-19.
There have been 100 league matches between these sides. The Clarets have won 36, Spurs 39 and there have been 25 draws.
Tottenham Hotspur, last weekend’s result notwithstanding, are in excellent form. Kane and Son have been scoring goals for fun this season. Against a Burnley side bereft of confidence and missing some key personnel, Tottenham Hotspur will fancy their chances of winning.
Jose Mourinho will also expect a response to last week’s capitulation against West Ham, which was unlike a team managed by the Portuguese.
Our Prediction: Over 2.5 O/U @ 1.791