Barcelona and Real Madrid, the two bitter rivals, go head to head at Camp Nou in the first “El Clasico” of the season.
Bitter rivals Barcelona and Real Madrid will lock horns in the first Clasico of the 2020-21 campaign on Saturday afternoon, with both sides looking to bounce back from La Liga defeats last time out.
Barca lost 1-0 away to Getafe in their last league encounter on October 17, while reigning champions Madrid suffered a shock 1-0 home defeat to newly-promoted Cadiz.
The league table does not mean too much at this stage of the campaign, particularly as Barca have only played four times in La Liga this term due to their late start. A record of two wins, one draw and one defeat has seen the Catalan giants collect seven points, leaving them in ninth spot in the division at this stage, while Madrid are third with 10 points to show from their five fixtures.
Reason for Barcelona vs Real Madrid predictions:
- Fewer than three goals have been scored in four of the last five El Clasicos.
- Two of these five clashes have ended in draws.
- Four of Real Madrid’s five La Liga games this season have featured fewer than three goals.
- Barcelona are undefeated in 32 of their last 33 home matches (La Liga).
- Barcelona have seen under 2.5 goals in their last 2 matches (La Liga).
- Barcelona have seen under 2.5 goals in 4 of their last 5 matches against Real Madrid (all competitions).
- Barcelona have drawn 3 of their last 4 home matches against Real Madrid (all competitions).
- Real Madrid are undefeated in their last 8 away matches (La Liga).
- Real Madrid have seen under 2.5 goals in their last 3 matches (La Liga).
Barcelona won their opening two La Liga matches of the season in fine fashion. Real Madrid drew 0-0 at Real Sociedad in their opening La Liga match of the season.
Real Madrid have a 88-82 advantage against Barcelona with 45 draws in 215 matches. This fixture ended in a 0-0 draw last season before Real Madrid won 2-0 at home.
Saturday’s clash will be the 182nd La Liga meeting between the two teams, and Madrid lead the head-to-head 73 wins to Barca’s 72, with the remaining 36 games finishing all square.
It will be the 245th clash between the Spanish giants, and they have incredibly recorded 96 victories each. As mentioned, the pair played out a goalless draw in the corresponding game last season, but Madrid ran out 2-0 winners at the Bernabeu back in March.
Madrid have not beaten Barca at Camp Nou in the league since April 2016, while Barca’s last home La Liga victory over their bitter rivals came in October 2018.
We are finding it incredibly difficult to separate the two sides on Saturday afternoon. A case can be made for either to pick up all three points, and Barca were impressive in the Champions League during the week.
We’re also predicting the spoils to be shared at the Camp Nou. Barcelona drew their last home league match 1-1 and two of the last five El Clasico’s have ended all square.
Our Prediction: Under 6.5 @ 1.85