Atletico Madrid will be looking to bounce back from their heavy Champions League defeat to Bayern Munich when they continue their Group A campaign at home to Red Bull Salzburg on Tuesday night.
Atletico Madrid are set to host Red Bull Salzburg at the Estadio Wanda Metropolitano on Tuesday in their next UEFA Champions League game.
Atletico Madrid come into this game on the back of a 2-0 win over 10-man Real Betis on Saturday in La Liga.
Diego Simeone’s side lost 4-0 to Bayern in their group opener last week, while Salzburg started their 2020-21 European campaign with a 2-2 draw at home to Lokomotiv Moscow.
Atletico Madrid and Red Bull Salzburg have not played against each other in an official fixture. This will be the first meeting between Atletico Madrid and Salzburg.
Reason for Atletico Madrid vs Salzburg Predictions:
- Atletico won eight of their last nine home games in the Champions League.
- Salzburg scored at least once in 29 of their last 30 competitive fixtures.
- Salzburg notched in five of their six UCL group games last season.
- Atletico Madrid have seen BTTS in 2 of their last 3 matches (UEFA Champions League).
- Salzburg have scored 2+ goals in their last 15 matches (all competitions).
- Salzburg have seen BTTS in 9 of their last 10 matches (UEFA Champions League).
- Salzburg have won 13 of their last 14 matches (all competitions).
Atletico Madrid beat Granada 6-1 in their opening La Liga match of the season. Two 0-0 draws followed at Huesca and at home against Villarreal.
Atletico Madrid have had a good start to the league campaign and remain unbeaten in La Liga. They were thrashed 4-0 by Bayern Munich in their first group game, and will need a strong performance against Red Bull Salzburg in order to ensure that they don’t find themselves in a precarious position.
Red Bull Salzburg, on the other hand, have made some noise over the last year. Salzburg continue to be a dominant force in the Austrian Bundesliga and have made a strong start to season. They won eight straight matches in all competitions, a run which included a 10-0 win in the Cup and 7-1 win against Hartberg in the Bundesliga.
Red Bull Salzburg should not be discounted. A talented side with a good manager, they are more than capable of creating problems. A shock might be on the cards in this encounter.
We are expecting a tight match at the Wanda Metropolitano but fancy Simeone’s side to collect all three points courtesy of a two-goal success.
Our Prediction: Atletico Madrid (Full Time Result) @ 1.73